NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Swap Shop
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-11, 09:45 PM   #1
Swamp Angel
President

Default WTT 2005 Gheenoe for larger motor for newer Gheenoe

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

I have a 2005 15'-4" Hi-Sider, green camouflage paint scheme with 1994 or 1995 Evinrude 8hp outboard, MinnKota 40 lbs thrust trolling motor w/series 24 battery, and trailer that I would like to trade for either a 25HP outboard short-shaft tiller motor, or a 15HP outboard short-shaft motor set up for remote steering. I will also consider selling the boat, trolling motor, and trailer, without the 8HP Evinrude outboard for $1200.

This is the original 'Hoochee Queen and we have loved and enjoyed her very much, but the time has come to step up to a different size. She performs admirably in the Chattahoochee tail race waters below Buford Dam and needs only 4" of water to float with her motors pulled up. With the motor down, she needs about 8" to 10" of clearance to go flying across the rocks and shoals of the 'Hooch in search of fishy-looking trout waters.

This is a Gheenoe. It's the original design that so many of us Georgians associate with RiverHawk boats. In the early days of Gheenoes, Harley Gheen contracted with other boat manufacturers to build sufficient numbers of his newly designed boat. As the contracts expired and patents ran out, the other manufacturers were no longer beholden to Mr. Gheen, but they still had and retained their molds for this model (known as a Hi-Sider) and the Classic model which is difficult to distinguish from the RiverHawk B-60.

While this craft resembles a canoe, it is significantly more stable, and is very easy to get up and walk fore and aft with no fear of tipping. It is very easy to stand and make casts without feeling unstable. While it is rated for three people, I find two to be more reasonable.

The boat and I reside in Lawrenceville with my wife and our two dogs.

For more information on this manufacturer's boats, visit gheenoe.net

Thanks for taking the time to peruse my humble offerings.

STARBOARD SIDE

PORT SIDE

Closer view port side

Not quite so close view port side

Battery box strapped behind forward seat, not bolted down. Power connection for GPS installed left side middle seat connects to power port (you know. . . it's a cigarette lighter thingy doodle like in cars.)

There are six 1/4" holes through the transom where a riser plate was attached fo the 8HP motor.

12" wheels with new "bearing buddies" and grease fittings.

Manufacturer's plate for trailer.

Inside of transom needs a little touch up. Wood will eventually need replaced and interior of transom re-glassed.
[/img]
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Last edited by Swamp Angel; 04-14-11 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Sold
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:23 PM   #2
Jimmy Harris
Hall of Fame Member, NGTO Sponsor

The heck with the Gheenoe! Is that a 55 Thunderbird in the background?
Jimmy Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:23 PM   #3
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Is that old Ford for sale?

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:44 PM   #4
Swamp Angel
President

That's Dad's '57 T-Bird. Original bill of sale in the glove box from the day he bought it brand new on May 31, 1957. ($4100.00 at the time.) I'll sell myself into bondage before I ever let that baby get out of the family! It's already promised to my brother's son, Luke. The oldest male child of each generation will be the next heir in perpetuity. Gotta carry on a tradition Dad started 11 years before I was born! Conway Twitty once came by the house in Kentucky when I was twelve and offered Dad $40k for it. I thought Dad was gonna sell it, and I packed my gym bag full of my favorite LSU t-shirts and started to leave with tears in my eyes. Needless to say, Mr. Twitty didn't get the car.

(Y'all got some keen eyes for being able to pick that out from seeing only a part of one wheel and a fender skirt. I am thoroughly impressed!)
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Old 04-12-11, 09:40 PM   #5
Da Da's Fishing
Internet Technologies Officer, Director, Hall of Fame Member

Now you've got me playing where's waldo looking for that car. Found it! How about some show and tell on that beautiful car.

DD F
Old 04-12-11, 11:37 PM   #6
Swamp Angel
President

My little heirloom is in rough shape right now. She needs new brakes, new tires, a new dash, and repainted. Her original color is "Dusk Rose" or "Dusty Rose" depending on who you talk to. One thing's for sure, Dad would give us the evil eye if we dared to call it "pink"!

I'll see if I can dig up some photos of her from her "cleaner" days.

She's my next big project after the boat and house are in good order. Priorities, you know. In order of importance, a boat to fish from, a house to live in, and restoring Dad's car in time for my nephew to inherit it. The two criteria for owning it are, 1) being the eldest son carrying the family name, and 2) the LSU tag from 1958 may never, not ever, be removed from the front bumper for any reason whatsoever, upon pain of death! (The second one was actually a part of Dad's will.)