NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > The Fish Hawk
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-11, 09:29 PM   #21
Trouty Mouth
Native

I was down by there around noon today and thought about going in. Actually took control of myself and headed the car home, but found myself going back a few minutes later. What's the harm of going back to "look" for a second time in a week (I should have known better) - came home $400 lighter in the wallet, but OOOOOH I can't wait to get out with that new rod!
Trouty Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 02:16 PM   #22
MariettaMike
Native

Default Tungsten Head Flies

I took my $25 off coupon over to Orvis to find out they don't sell tungsten head flies any longer. Shannon says he tells people to put on split shot.

Went over to the Fish Hawk and found four nice TH patterns that I will be trying out Saturday. $50 for two dozen flies. 1 hour BS'n with Rob, Ronnie, Paul and other FH patrons. priceless.

I did make it through Chuck's without spending anything.

The cure to the spending curse is to give most all your money to your wife and let her spend it.
MariettaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-11, 05:46 PM   #23
Aardvark
Native

Fortunately, I do not have the problem of having a fly shop on my drive home, but occasionally I do get sidetracked and wind up in Bass Pro Shops on a Tuesday night for the fly tying class. That usually costs me a few bucks, even if I don't buy materials for the flies from that session.
Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote