NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-12, 11:49 AM   #1
hawker476
Stocker

Default Paces 2/27

Went down to the Paces entry point around 4:00 P.M. yesterday armed with my 8 foot, 5 weight rod with a dropper rig consisting of a caddis pulling a prince beadhead. Went upstream a ways towards I-75 and observed the water. A hatch was coming off and the fish were more active on the surface than I have ever seen in my life. Everywhere I looked there were fish jumping or surfacing. In one hour (I only got one hour because my girlfriend was running while I fished) I caught 6 Browns and got about 10 strikes. Starting off with the dropper rig, I wasn't having much luck, so I took off the prince bead and left the caddis on. That was the magic ticket causing my hot streak of 6 fish in about 40 minutes. Unrelated to fishing, my girlfriend and I got to see a group of four deer grazing across the river in the dusk sun. Atlanta is a great place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (42.5 KB, 62 views)
hawker476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 12:28 PM   #2
ccorneli
Native

Welcome to NGTO. Nice report, the hooch can be amazing when the caddis are hatching like they were yesterday.
ccorneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 12:51 PM   #3
pkelz
Stocker

Sounds like a good day to me! Whitewater was hot yesterday too, caddis everywhere. Seems to make mondays a little better huh?
pkelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 07:50 PM   #4
BowBob
Native

Talking Hawker, you must be in love

I was fishing above and across the river from you yesterday. When I saw you leave after your girlfriend showed up. I had to chuckle to myself and wish I was young again.

Only a young man in LOVE would have left the river to go with his girl when an epic hatch like yesterday was underway. That was a once in a lifetime hatch on the Hooch. (I was out there today and the hatch was awsome but not EPIC like yesterday).

I hope to meet you on the river sometime, and I hope your girlfriend appreciates the huge personal sacrifice you made for her.
BowBob is offline   Reply With Quote