NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-12, 08:48 AM   #1
revwayne
Native

Default Good day on Smith Creek

Yesterday three of us took a trip to Smith Creek. Two young Marines and I tempted the brookies and rainbows - we caught a few. I attempted to take some pictures to post but realized I failed to charge the batteries (details). The trout were very cooperative taking elk hair caddis (dark) as well as stimmies (orange) with rainbow warrior droppers; olive woolly buggers with hare's ear dropper; olive flashabou woolly buggers with purple prince dropper - they are basically hungry and willing. A cell phone got baptized and later was dried out to work again. I know that those willing trout will be gone on May 15th by 10 a.m. when the worm and corn folk attack Smith. But it was a fun day even though the threat of rain and lightning hung around around.
revwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 07:18 PM   #2
ZaneB89
Native

yeah i was up there thursday night, finally got a nice brown to cooperate, it was a nice night. Good report though!! Yeah its gonna suck after may 15th probably will only attempt it on weekdays when i can get off work!!
ZaneB89 is offline   Reply With Quote