NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-13, 03:33 PM   #1
sea1wml
Stocker

Default Float Trip Options

I am sure this question has been posed many times, but, I am hoping to get the raft out (14') this weekend and take the boys fishing. What are the best options for put in / take out this time of year. I need points that I can trailer in and trailer out. My boys are 8 and 11, so, won't be much help for carrying the raft. I am hoping for some good fishing options too.
Old 03-14-13, 04:08 PM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

Do you have a motor on your raft?
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 04:13 PM   #3
blackcatbone
Native

Abbotts to Medlock, two great boat ramps and easy float and not terribly long, as long as the wind is not coming up river. What kind of raft do you have?
blackcatbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 04:21 PM   #4
Swamp Angel
President

Abbott's to Medlock would be great if'n you can git the trailer to Medlock after puttin' in at Abbott's. Elsewise it's about a four mile walk back to Abbott's from Medlock to git the truck an' trailer an' then come back fer the raft. But if you can put a car at both ends, or if you have a "chase" driver, blackcatbone's suggestion is a hard one to beat!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 04:29 PM   #5
blackcatbone
Native

There is a pretty good section that is very slow water and with the right wind it can be brutal. I have been on there with my 2 man it will blow you back up river. What kind of raft do you have?
Old 03-14-13, 04:44 PM   #6
sea1wml
Stocker

Thanks for your reponses. I do not have a motor for the raft so my only real options are a drift trip. But, seems like getting a motor might be a good plan going forward. I have a shuttle worked out. Any advice on flies or rigs for the boys? I plan to tye up some soft hackle hares ears or some leaches (color?). For the boys, my plan was spinning gear with a bobber and a fly. Any help that make it more successful for them would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-14-13, 04:56 PM   #7
blackcatbone
Native

PM sent, let me know if you have any questions.
Old 03-14-13, 05:03 PM   #8
sea1wml
Stocker

I have a Maravia Willowa 1.5 whitewater raft with rowing frame and cooler. I am hoping that I can row through the slack water if the wind is not too bad.
Old 03-14-13, 07:45 PM   #9
blackcatbone
Native

The wind forecast does not look that bad, I have only had to turn around backwards and power row once in mine. Just make sure you check the release schedule before going. Have fun and don't forget to fish the blow downs.
Old 03-14-13, 07:49 PM   #10
Bfish
Native

Hiwassee would be a good option, if you are willing to drive that far. Towee ramp walked to Top Ramp is not too far (1.5 miles) and fairly flat. I often thumb rides too.
Bfish is offline   Reply With Quote