NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-13, 12:04 AM   #1
carl_weis2000
Native

Default made it north

Well its been awhile since i was last on here, lots of house hunting ending with a beautiful house in sautee nacoochee just 6miles from helen. Now that im up here and semi settled and have been eyeing the local water for a hot minute in a few weeks i should be out up at the hooch wma and maybe in helen. Anyone live up here?
Unfortunatly ive been hindered by my physically broken self so hopefuly the stars will align and ill be able to go wet the line anyways hope to see some of you on the river., or creeks. Excuse the run on sentences im writting on my tablet touch screen so to much of a pita to go back and add punctuation lol.
carl_weis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 11:03 AM   #2
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default One Stop

You need make only one stop just down the road from you - Unicoi Outfitters. Stop in, tell them you are now living "next door" and need to get started fishing. Make you you have time and take notes on all the information that will come flowing forward. Helpful hint - go in on a Tuesday morning about 09:00 or so and take a box of muffins and donuts. You will have friends for life!
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 11:08 AM   #3
countrybuckaroo
Native

The other great place to not pass up fishing or just paddling is Unicoi Lake. There are some big fish in there.

Kurt
countrybuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 04:01 PM   #4
carl_weis2000
Native

Thanks so much guys, so are we talkin muffins from bettys or ingles lol. Unicoi lake looks beautiful, i still have to pick up my yak from my pawpaws place down south, ive heard stories of the fish in there. Went to lake rabun yesterday and it looks beautiful out there. Started feeling pretty poor when i seen those houses
carl_weis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 11:59 AM   #5
stonyb
Native

Default Are you a Vet?

Carl,

If you are a vet, check out Project Healing Waters and Fly Fishing for Vets (activities this Satuday posted elsewhere on theis site). You can link up with like-minded folks who can open up some fishin opportunities for you.
http://flyfishingforvets.com/
stonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 03:50 PM   #6
greg_n_clayton
Native

Hello over there ! I am over here on the other side of the hill !!
greg_n_clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 01:32 PM   #7
David Parker
Native

Get in touch with folks at the Sautee-Nacoochee Center for networking, community awareness, and events (SNCA.ORG). My Pop is a member. You are living in a great place and imo the center of the universe. Enjoy it.

I still remember the refrain of one of the most popular barrack ballads of that day which proclaimed most proudly that "old soldiers never die; they just fade away."
And like the old soldier of that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the light to see that duty.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur
David Parker is offline   Reply With Quote