NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-15, 01:19 PM   #1
Knee Deep
Stocker

Default Private Water - accessibility?

Hey y'all -

A recent post by sthpaw11 about the best (recommended) private water reminded me to ask about "accessibility" to these waters. I have a "challenged" Father whom is not in a wheelchair but is limited as to how far he can walk due to his breathing (he gets winded going up a flight of stairs) + he uses and carries O2 with him 24/7. With the most obvious in mind (Frog Hollow, Blackhawk, Fern & Nacoochee Bend) I've only fished Nacoochee Bend but am curios to know if any of these other fine folks have access that might better suit my Father? Other option would be to float vs. wade. Thank you so much for your opinions.
Old 02-09-15, 01:45 PM   #2
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

Check with Marty, He has Cabin on the Creek, He is one of our supporters. He accommodates certain situations.

Also call Glad at FV and discuss your situation. Marty and Glad have an ATV Mule and they can get your Dad down to the river. Very Easy wading and the water is clear. No fear of falling. If he falls the water is knee deep. If You put him in at hole # 1 he will not have to move an inch and catch big fish all day long. Also next to hole #1 is a wonderful relaxing spot with a fire place and chairs. Marty always has a nice fire going in the pit. See the Other thread recently posted.

You can click on the sponsors button and get the phone #'s.
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 07:21 PM   #3
2fly
Ex-BOD, Hall Of Fame Member, Ex-Angler

Frog Hollow is set up for wounded warriors and access designed to accommodate them. Pretty easy wading by the waterfall which is loaded with big fish.
2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 04:09 PM   #4
Knee Deep
Stocker

Thank you so much Remoh & 2fly! Greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 02-13-15, 04:22 PM   #5
zug buggin
Native

Good Luck I hope you and your father have a great time

The fisherman now is one who defies society, who rips lips, who drains the pool, who takes no prisoners, who is not to be confused with the sissy with the creel and bamboo rod. Granted, he releases what he catches, but in some cases, he strips the quarry of its perilous soul before tossing it back in the water. What was once a trout – cold, hard, spotted and beautiful – becomes “number seven.”
Tom McGuane
zug buggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 05:10 PM   #6
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

I would not write-off a nice driftboat trip either. It might be less strenuous and more enjoyable for him.

Check with Unicoi Outfitters about floating the Toccoa or Tuckasegee Rivers.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 05:28 PM   #7
zug buggin
Native

Drifter has a point, depending on where you want to go the Hiwassee is producing some big numbers in the DH section if you plan around the low water times

The fisherman now is one who defies society, who rips lips, who drains the pool, who takes no prisoners, who is not to be confused with the sissy with the creel and bamboo rod. Granted, he releases what he catches, but in some cases, he strips the quarry of its perilous soul before tossing it back in the water. What was once a trout – cold, hard, spotted and beautiful – becomes “number seven.”
Tom McGuane
zug buggin is offline   Reply With Quote