NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-15, 04:35 PM   #11
halh68
Hall of Fame

Not sure if this means squat but the levels looked really good for wading this afternoon below the dh when I came through d-boro this afternoon.
Old 11-15-15, 09:19 AM   #12
yaker
Native

Default Returning angler

I haven't fished the Tuck DH since the year after they removed the Dillsboro dam and they had not begun to stock that section yet. I am going to get up there this week if the schedule continues to show only West branch releases so I hope I have interpreted the info correctly.

BTW, I am seriously apprceciative of the specific info provided above. I have been swept away more than once in the Tuck because the anticipated release didn't match the actual release but I do enjoy fishing that river. Thanks
yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-15, 08:41 AM   #13
vreesor
Native

Send a message via Yahoo to vreesor
Default Potentially foolish question

Which Delayed Harvest section on the Tuck is the one that flows along River Road in Webster? Or is there only one?
vreesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-15, 09:19 AM   #14
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Vreesor....there is only one that I'm aware of.

Yaker....the scheduled release yesterday and today looked great for wading. This was in conflict to what I was seeing....the water was high and swift. I say that to say this.....don't count on Duke-Energy to adhere to their posted schedule.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 11:53 AM   #15
Daddy Phillips
Stocker

Default Tigers in the Tuck

NC is stocking nice size tiger trout in the Tuck. Caught a Few last week.
A cross between brooks and browns. One had the tiger on top with the spots of a brown mid section and the brooks fins.
Another was 100 tiger top to bottom Search for tiger trout on the web.
Daddy Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 06:19 PM   #16
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreesor View Post
Which Delayed Harvest section on the Tuck is the one that flows along River Road in Webster? Or is there only one?

In case I misunderstood your question....there is now a second DH on the Tuck. It's upriver of the Bryson City bridge and begins at Governor's Island (Darnell Farms). River Road (gravel) runs on one side of the river and Hwy 19 on the other.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 05-11-16, 06:21 PM   #17
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Default Tuckasegee River DH Info

Thanks for the info DP. Chuck Morris called me Monday and reported he had caught one. I was beginning to wonder if they had been stocked in large numbers.

The river should be crazy full of fish now.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 05-11-16, 11:48 PM   #18
Daddy Phillips
Stocker

Default Was full of fish.

I was in the original DH section above Dillsboro and caught many Tigers.
Fun day with non stop catching for 6 hours. Also caught plenty of Browns and a couple brooks.
Daddy Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote