NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-17, 03:02 PM   #21
Sam_MTB
Native

Slightly off topic...but does anyone know if the Lower Pool parking lot is open later due to daylight savings time?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-17, 03:09 PM   #22
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

10 pm started 3/19. But no fishing more than 30 minutes after sunset.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-18, 05:46 PM   #23
erikclymore
Native

I purchased a Chattahoochee River NRA pass last July. After reading this thread and actually speaking face to face with a ranger at the dam I was under the impression that the dam respected that pass. Well today I got a warning citation from a different ranger saying that they do not in fact recognize it. I was parked in the gravel lot.
I’m confused and a little pissed. I know it’s just a warning but an actual ranger and the cat manning the pay booth looked at the card and told me that it was ok. Now some other ranger claims it’s not.
I was hoping someone could point me in a direction of someone I could contact to get the final say on the matter.
erikclymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-18, 08:11 PM   #24
natureman
Native

COE, Chris Arthur 770-945-9531.
natureman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 06:09 PM   #25
erikclymore
Native

I spoke with a volunteer who has been manning the pay stations for four years. He confirmed what I had heard that the Chattahoochee nra pass is in fact good for Bowman’s island gravel lot.
Some how I never noticed the big green Chattahoochee NRA sign at the entrance of the gravel lot.
Old 04-01-18, 07:09 PM   #26
natureman
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikclymore View Post
I spoke with a volunteer who has been manning the pay stations for four years. He confirmed what I had heard that the Chattahoochee nra pass is in fact good for Bowman’s island gravel lot.
Some how I never noticed the big green Chattahoochee NRA sign at the entrance of the gravel lot.
No offense but I think you should still talk to Chief Ranger Chris Arthur and add his response to the "sticky". A volunteer response isn't the same as an official response.
natureman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 09:27 PM   #27
erikclymore
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureman View Post
No offense but I think you should still talk to Chief Ranger Chris Arthur and add his response to the "sticky". A volunteer response isn't the same as an official response.
Oh yes. I should have mentioned that I still intend on calling him tomorrow. Thanks for the contact info.
Old 04-10-18, 12:11 PM   #28
erikclymore
Native

Alright, I finally got ahold of Chris Arthur, chief ranger, and he confirmed it. Both lower pool lots, since they are on the river recognize the CRNRA passes. He said they had made an agreement some time ago. Chris said he will be speaking with the rangers who cited me tomorrow to make sure they are informed of this.
Old 04-10-18, 03:31 PM   #29
Dave375
Native

They’ve also recently installed a sign up near Buford Dam Rd that says National Recreation Passed recognized.
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote