NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Firearms & Shooting
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-17, 01:08 PM   #1
LureheadEd
Native

Default Another gun selling question...AR...

My days at the Hunt Club are over due to med issues...So it's time to start letting some things go, guns included...Over time , I accumulated several AR's that I don't have any use for, some I put together, some never fired...All lowers are legally "in the system"....What do I need to do to sell them paperwork wise ? And do I need to do any paperwork on the other rifles or shotguns ?...Thanks for any advice...
LureheadEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 04:54 PM   #2
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

No paperwork, per se. I like the buyer to show me a permit and/or DL. You can also have them sign a bill of sale.

Outdoorstrader.com is great and you can check feedback/references. No Craigslist....
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 04:55 PM   #3
vancheesey
Native

So...whatcha selling?
Old 07-09-17, 06:39 PM   #4
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

From Georgia Carry.org (and I'm pretty sure this is all still in effect):

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/geor...ked-questions/

Quote:
Q: I just moved to Georgia. Where do I register my handgun?
A: Welcome to Georgia! There is no handgun registration here. People are sometimes surprised to learn that only 6 states have handgun registration. Georgia is not one of them.

Q: Are “machine guns, silencers, and sawed off shotguns” illegal in Georgia?
A: No, not as long as they are registered under the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

Q: What about “high capacity” magazines?
A: Do you mean normal capacity magazines? Georgia has no law reducing the capacity of magazines for firearms.

Q: How long is the waiting period to buy a Handgun / Shotgun / Rifle in Georgia?
A: There is no waiting period for purchasing a firearm in the state of Georgia.

Q: I just inherited / bought a gun from someone in Georgia, do I need to transfer the gun to my name?
A: No, there is no state registration of firearms, thus there is no requirement to transfer the firearm in your name, unless it is a NFA Firearm. (NFA is National Firearms Act – NFA Firearms are registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives – better known as the ATF)

Q: What is required to purchase a firearm in the state of Georgia?
A: You will need a valid state-issued ID. Many Federal Firearms Licensees will not transfer long guns to out-of-state residents. This is due to the Federal Firearms Licensee’s requirement to uphold your resident state’s gun laws, and the inherent complexity associated with many states. Federal Firearms Licensee’s are prohibited by federal law from transferring hand guns to out-of-state residents.

Q: Do I have to pass a background check when purchasing a firearm from a Dealer?
A: You will be required to pass a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer. However, if you possess a valid Georgia Weapons License, your Georgia Weapons License will suffice as your background check. You will be required to show your state issued ID and your Georgia Weapons License in order to avoid the background check. Some firearms businesses may require a background check even if you have a GWL but it is not required by law. It is instead the business’ practices.

Q: Can I sell or purchase a firearm from someone other than a dealer? What about a background check in this instance?
A: Private sales of firearms between individual citizens are legal and do not require background checks. You are allowed to sell your private property to anyone of your choosing, unless the individual is ineligible to own or possess a firearm. Knowingly selling a firearm to a felon is a felony.
Trout8myfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-17, 11:48 AM   #5
LureheadEd
Native

Default Thanks guys...

Not sure what I'm going to do yet....
Old 07-12-17, 12:09 AM   #6
FlickNdip
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by LureheadEd View Post
Not sure what I'm going to do yet....
Tease

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 10:11 PM   #7
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Not to sound like a vulture or anything but I'm always on the prowl for interesting firearms should you decide to part with some. I know what you mean about health issues. Haven't shot in a while myself.
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 04:18 PM   #8
retiredmp
BOD Member, Hall of Fame Member

I'm in the market looking for an AR.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 06:40 PM   #9
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

And to add to my earlier post: check with the BATF.

Just to confirm, the receivers have serial numbers? It sounds like it from your post.

Further reading from the BATF:
https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/receiver-blanks
https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-answers
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does...m-personal-use

And for a fun read about selling/not selling home-built ARs:
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=740511
Trout8myfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 10:04 PM   #10
LureheadEd
Native

Default All lowers have numbers...

And were purchased legally for personal use...I put several together for the whole family, and we had a ball for a short time until my health went south...DPMS and CMMG complete factory lowers, a couple of Black Rain magnesium lowers nice ones that I put CMMG kits in, and some PSA lowers with PSA kits...DPMS, PSA, and Adams uppers purchased with correct BCGs and CHs...It was like having a big boy's Erector set around here, nothing like stupid Legos... Several have never been fired....I changed out some of the furniture, I'm not happy with the sloppy fit of the ATI stocks I put on a couple and will probably put the originals back on...Family discussions have been going on, everybody is happy with their personal protection and not comfortable with long guns around because of kids and current quarters situations....Heck, I'm more afraid of the grandkids getting a pistol in their hands....And you know, when I was their age, if some family member offered me a free gun, I took it...Geez, the world has gone plumb crazy....Pay $700 for a hand held electronic device that can't be dropped and go nuts when it gets sat on, but turn down a free $1000 self defense devise...Sorry for the rant...When the decisions are sure, yall will get first crack at 'em....Right now I'm still sleeping with a different one every night to see who I like the best, I will keep some for myself and the wife...