NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Food & Cooking
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-17, 01:37 PM   #1
GoutUnlimited
NGTO Twitter Chuchunya

Default New Chicken Pan

Found this at garage sale for $4. Its seasoned pretty good but the lid needs a little resto. Might try the fire method, but first chicken.

Old 08-12-17, 04:35 PM   #2
GoutUnlimited
NGTO Twitter Chuchunya

Last time my chicken was a little dry. I left it in buttermilk for 4 hours. Its makes all the difference. It was super juicy inside.

Nice and Juicy.

I did some research on a few collectors sites. The pan is from 1920s-40s based on the emblem and markings. The last of the "good metal" prewar. They go for around $200 give or take depending on condition. No way am I selling this bad boy.
Old 08-12-17, 07:46 PM   #3
WPrich
Native

So this explains why you said you were in a food coma, been stuffing yourself on homemade fried chicken
WPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-17, 09:52 PM   #4
GoutUnlimited
NGTO Twitter Chuchunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPrich View Post
So this explains why you said you were in a food coma, been stuffing yourself on homemade fried chicken
I don't even know where I am right now...for a second I thought I was watching the jets game.
Old 08-13-17, 05:58 AM   #5
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Great find!! You'll enjoy that chicken fryer for years to come. And as you know, it's a great investment too.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-17, 08:49 AM   #6
REDTOP
Hall Of Fame Member, Moderator

Good Find!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-17, 08:20 PM   #7
Wet Fly
Hall of Fame Member

Nice score and good lookn pollo, Greg.

Hehe, I am intrigued by the KRAS Napolitanke wafers in the background. You didn't eat those with the pollo, did you?
Those look like vanilla but it's been a while since I ate some. Hazelnut is pretty good too. Made in CRO, but very popular in that whole region including BIH, SRB, MNE, etc.

I know of several shops around town that carry stuff from SE Euro including expat stores and several Asian farmer's markets. Find some decent cookies too, and other delicacies, of course: all manner of sausage, deli meats, veal, spices, pickled items, veg spreads, etc. Try the Vegeta seasoning if you haven't already. Can use that stuff on just about anything.

I just returned from the old world about a week ago. Still jet-lagged. Funny to come across this thread and see this.

There's nought as queer as folk.

"From the end of May to the end of August, a drizzling or thoroughly wet day is the best; next to which is a showery one, and then a bright day with a breeze of wind; a dark day without wind is the worst of all." W.C. Stewart
Wet Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 07:52 AM   #8
GoutUnlimited
NGTO Twitter Chuchunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Fly View Post
Nice score and good lookn pollo, Greg.

Hehe, I am intrigued by the KRAS Napolitanke wafers in the background. You didn't eat those with the pollo, did you?
Those look like vanilla but it's been a while since I ate some. Hazelnut is pretty good too. Made in CRO, but very popular in that whole region including BIH, SRB, MNE, etc.

I know of several shops around town that carry stuff from SE Euro including expat stores and several Asian farmer's markets. Find some decent cookies too, and other delicacies, of course: all manner of sausage, deli meats, veal, spices, pickled items, veg spreads, etc. Try the Vegeta seasoning if you haven't already. Can use that stuff on just about anything.

I just returned from the old world about a week ago. Still jet-lagged. Funny to come across this thread and see this.
The first time I tried those cookies where from a Vietnamese lady at work she told me she them from the Buford Farmers market and I've been buying them ever since. Theres a good Yugoslavian store in alpharetta around the new orvis store somewhere. They have the best bread they make in house.

I always have a mini tub of vegeta.