NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Gear Talk > Gear and Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-17, 12:34 PM   #1
Jakkbauer
Native

Default Cabelas clearance 1pc glass fly rods

Picked up some cabelas prime 1pc slow action fly rods for an amazing deal. $49 each, original price $159. They are all a little on the short side, perfect for kayak fishing. Go check it out if you need anything like that. I got a 7’ 5wt, 6’3 4wt, and 6’0 3wt, out the door for under the original price of one rod.

Now I’m looking at the Sage Click 3-5 as a reel for these bad boys I think it would make a good fit.
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 07:31 PM   #2
ferrulewax
Native

Check out the redington click reels as well, they are a very similar reel to the click, extraordinary lightweight. You sacrifice a cast frame with the redington, but they are at an awesome price point and a really cool design. We should have some more Zeros in the shop in the next week or so, I would really urge you to check one out. I think the sand color would look really good on this rod.

I have the 4wt prime btw, it has a slover action than I would prefer, but I tend to like a fast action rod.

My Instagram
Unicoi Outfitters

Last edited by ferrulewax; 10-30-17 at 08:59 AM.
ferrulewax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 11:02 PM   #3
fishnpreacher
Chaplain, Director, HOF

I bought a 7'1" 4wt. I hope to put a few trout on the line at Smith Creek DH. It is a very slow action, and should be a blast on the DH.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 09:59 PM   #4
Jakkbauer
Native

Update, the glass rods are awesome. Really slow, really fun. Still have yet to use the 3wt. Got this guy on the 4wt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote