NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > Frog Hollow Fly Fishing
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-17, 03:04 PM   #1
troutrookie
Native

Default Great day at Frog Hollow!

Had an amazing trip to Frog Hollow on Friday with my PB rainbow! Kenny Simmons was first class and went the extra mile to not only put me on some hogs but teach me so much about fighting and landing big fish, nymphing, reading water, streamer fishing and even knots. He is one of the the best guides I have ever had the blessing of fishing with.
Now, to the fish. I had 2 break off on me that I'm sure were good fish, and a couple of really good fish came unbuttoned, but did manage to land a fish of a lifetime at 25". Netted him, went to lift him out of the net for Kenny to take a pic and you know what happened next, yeah, flopped out of my hands into the water. Man I hated that, but Kenny can vouch for me to you naysayers . Went on to catch an 18" and 15" fish along with another smaller.
Had a truly great day I will never forget. Thanks Kenny! He's got a piece of heaven to fish on and some pigs to stretch your lines!
God bless,
Darryl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troutrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 11:31 PM   #2
Dtroutmann
Native

Awesome

Trophies are relative
Dtroutmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 11:19 PM   #3
FlickNdip
Native

Heck of a PB Bow. Congrats!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-17, 11:58 AM   #4
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Congrats on your PB Bow. Frog Hollow is a little slice of heaven and Kenny is a class act. One of my favorite places to fish. Congrats again.

Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote