NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-17, 02:50 PM   #1
jkwolek1971
Native

Default Dam near perfection Sat Am

Wow. With the weather keeping the masses away what a day on the Hooch. Ran into erikclymore and talked shop for a bit. We were both catching them on various mops. Had a big one hit while talking with Eric. Tried to muscle him too much as I was worried about the current and he got off. Oh well, the fish were active and managed about 12 or so from 8:30 till 12.

Now for the cool part. Moved upstream after not hearing from my better half. . Switched over to a streamer and proceeded to miss one right away. I was stripping it as fast as I could across the stream. Turned around and walked upstream and had one come unbuttoned as I screamed the streamer over a deep rock. Well sh&t! Two casts later I hooked a good one pic below. Not much of a fighter but a PRETTY fish. Missed another nice one and caught one more small Brown in the same area.

Great day on the Hooch.

I am having a helluva time uploading. So hear you go. https://twitter.com/josephkwolekiii/...29917743067136

Joe
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 07:12 PM   #2
erikclymore
Native

It was great meeting you.
My morning was a hair slower. I wonder if I had been using a brighter mop like yours if it would have made any difference in that water. That was my first time at the dam since the turnover really got rollin, and man, that water was no joke! I don’t think I ever broke ten, but I did end up catching a decent one towards the end. It was only 13 or so inches, but it looked incredibly mature for its size. It was already developing a pretty gnarly set of teefs.
The morning bite seemed ok, but they really started to turn off for me when the rain started coming in. I’d have to smack em on the fore head just to get em to eat.
I tried just about everything in my box, but all but one fish came off the mop. I had one take a midge.
erikclymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 07:29 PM   #3
DoubleRainbow
Native

Great Browns guys, might be the time to start slinging some streamers.
DoubleRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-17, 09:32 AM   #4
splatek16
Native

Great job guy.
Gorgeous fish.
On a mop... I love it.
Maybe I've not fished a mop enough, but I don't think I've ever caught anything on a mop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-17, 11:03 AM   #5
GoutUnlimited
Native

That's just nasty
Old 10-29-17, 09:16 PM   #6
jkwolek1971
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
Great job guy.
Gorgeous fish.
On a mop... I love it.
Maybe I've not fished a mop enough, but I don't think I've ever caught anything on a mop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Splatek, Since late August (when the river changed to pea soup) the only thing that has produced numbers for me is the mop. Specifically a green mop. I have tried other flies but nothing consistent. I will only try a streamer in certain areas and it just happened to produce yesterday.
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote