NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO Flings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-17, 04:28 PM   #11
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnpreacher View Post
...just looking to pass a good time with a bunch of trout bums.

LET'S GET IT ON!
Notice that Fishnpreacher has learned to speak like a Cajun too. This BOD is getting off to a good start!

It was also a great pleasure to see everyone at the Fling. So many folks to greet again since the previous Fling, and so many lies for me to tell about fish I never caught.

Thanks to all our sponsors, supporters, and members for making NGTO such a great organization.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Last edited by Swamp Angel; 11-06-17 at 06:31 PM.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 05:33 PM   #12
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

A fine day indeed. Thanks to all that participated in my casting class. I really enjoyed all of your questions and it always feels good to see people improve. Just keep things simple. Feel free to ask me anything regarding casting. Get out there and practice a little and your time on the water will be more fun.

I'd like to thank all the BoD and volunteers who worked so hard today on the Fling. Well done.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"You're an Idiot" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

"I canít be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson
Gatorbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 07:21 PM   #13
UncleJesse
Native

Thanks to the Good Lord for providing such a fine day for the Fling. Although the attendance was a little low, I enjoyed this Fling more than any I remember. Thanks to all who worked to make it happen. I think the number of young people was very encouraging, if we could encourage more of the cute young ladies we would probably also be encouraging some young men, the trick would be keeping them focused on fishing.

See you in the spring.
Old 11-04-17, 08:33 PM   #14
GoutUnlimited
NGTO Twitter Chuchunya

Another one in the bag. Thank you everyone for making this possible. Everyone who drove from far and wide. Got to fish with Jake from white county, what a wonderfl guy. All the great folks on our BOD.

Big T for the DFD, GatorByte for showing me the fancy Spey Casts and other casts that I thought I had mastered, RScott came and sat down with us younger folks and shared some IF secrets, Swampangel the board could not have picked a better guy at the helm.

Steve Hudson's new book on the hooch looks incredible. Very well written and so much good information there. The food was incredible, I learned what pepper sauce is, or pepper vinegar as they call it Kentucky.

My favorite thing was talking to all the elder folks from a bygone generation, the baby boomers ruined it for you all. They do not make men like you anymore.

All of the Volunteers, the great camaraderie, and Jeff Durniak for putting up with all of us. Can't wait till the next one!
Old 11-04-17, 08:34 PM   #15
Steve Hudson
Hall of Fame Member

Default What a great day!

The weather was great and the company was exceptional! The NGTO fling is always a highlight of the fall season, and this one was no exception!

And thanks to the fly tying class participants for doing such a great job with your tying! Those were some fine flies that you tied, and I hope this will be the beginning of something that you'll enjoy for many years to come!

Best,

Steve
Steve Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 10:09 PM   #16
erikclymore
Native

I had a blast and look forward to many more!
A special thanks to Steve Hudson for humoring me in my first fly tying attempts(seriously you were great). Rscott for taking time to shell out all of IFs secrets(even if he did specifically encourage us to out right lye more). Dredger for being just plain informative on all things fishy. Swampangel for heading up this large group of miscreants. We really couldn’t have picked a better illiterate Cajun for the job! And to the rest of the folks there for just being all around awesome human beings.
erikclymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 10:14 PM   #17
WPrich
Native

Default My first fling

I enjoyed my first fling of many more to come and want to give thanks to all that put it together for us and made it possible. It was great to meet so many nice people and be able to put a face with the different screen names. Like Gout said I think the greatest part of the fling was us youngsters getting to chat with our elders, we can always learn something from you guys and your not stingy with your knowledge and we appreciate it.
WPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 07:29 AM   #18
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Another FLING in the books.

Without the countless numbers of volunteers helping Big T with the DFD, setting up the tables and the swap items, the food crew getting it all going, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper, Steve Hudson, Gatorbyte and Riverpirate’s seminars and anyone else that helped make it happen, NGTO wouldn’t be able to have amazing events like this.

Thank you to all that came out. I hope you had a great time and we will need you moving forward to help make future events just as good or even better than this one!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

baldea is offline   Reply With Quote