NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > Ask the Experts
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-17, 06:38 PM   #11
daviddrummond79
Native

I have a flycraft two person raft that I use to float that section often. It is definitely an all day affair to run that stretch and you had better have your vehicle out of the dam boat ramp parking lot at 5pm sharp. I had a friend almost get his car towed a weekend or two ago. He heard the tow truck at 5:03 and walked over to see what the beeping sound was and ended up avoiding the tow but still received a $50 ticket. If you want, I'd be happy to run it with you one day in my boat so you can see the obstacles. PM me if you want to set something up.
Old 11-12-17, 08:51 PM   #12
Didaniel
Stocker

Like Fishmonger said, that little section is very tight and has skinny water. You have to make several eddies and switchbacks to avoid bumping rocks. I usually hit a little something every time I go thru there. I have had to drag off of a rock in there before when I didnít quite make a turn and get sideways up on one.
I will offer to carry you in my boat as well if you want to make a trip down to get a better feel for it before you decide to carry yours. If you decide to float in yours, I guess you could get out of the boat and hand guide your boat thru there, too.
A couple of good runs you need to make are the toccoa dh section and the tuckaseegee dh section. These are both great runs and will give you even more experience in your boat with minimum risk of messing it up.
On another note, I wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed following your boat build on the forum. I appreciate your dedication to the project and know how much you have put into it. I love my boat and enjoy being on the water in it, and know that, with the time and effort you have put into yours, you will enjoy yours that much more.
Didaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 10:57 PM   #13
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didaniel View Post
Like Fishmonger said, that little section is very tight and has skinny water. You have to make several eddies and switchbacks to avoid bumping rocks. I usually hit a little something every time I go thru there. I have had to drag off of a rock in there before when I didnít quite make a turn and get sideways up on one.

I will offer to carry you in my boat as well if you want to make a trip down to get a better feel for it before you decide to carry yours. If you decide to float in yours, I guess you could get out of the boat and hand guide your boat thru there, too.

A couple of good runs you need to make are the toccoa dh section and the tuckaseegee dh section. These are both great runs and will give you even more experience in your boat with minimum risk of messing it up.

On another note, I wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed following your boat build on the forum. I appreciate your dedication to the project and know how much you have put into it. I love my boat and enjoy being on the water in it, and know that, with the time and effort you have put into yours, you will enjoy yours that much more.

Thanks for the info. And the offer. I'll be in touch for sure. I guess I'll take the canoe from the dam to settles and see what's up. I need to update that thread. I've finally made head way on the interior. Sounds like worse case I'll get out and guide it. I was picturing a dry riverbed with a trickle on the right side of bowmans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote