NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-17, 08:30 AM   #11
splatek16
Native
 
splatek16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Suwanee, GA
Posts: 1,010
Default

That's one of my favorite places. This fish are gorgeous, spooky, and super rewarding to catch, and if I'm not mistaken, you weren't far from some speck and bow streams if you wanted to go for the wild slam.

Great report. Great fish!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 11:03 AM   #12
aknezo
Native
 
aknezo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
That's one of my favorite places. This fish are gorgeous, spooky, and super rewarding to catch, and if I'm not mistaken, you weren't far from some speck and bow streams if you wanted to go for the wild slam.

Great report. Great fish!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m sure that there are some good streams around there since it is pretty decent altitude and has sizable water but this isn’t the one everyone is probably thinking it is. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find with a topo map and some lookin. That and it seems like everyone knows the small few “wild” trout streams in Georgia now.
__________________
Aidan Knezo
Follow me on Instagram
Check out my Flickr
aknezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 12:04 PM   #13
splatek16
Native
 
splatek16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Suwanee, GA
Posts: 1,010
Default

You're probably correct. I only know of about four managed wild brown streams. I'm pretty sure everyone else knows about them too.
If you ever want company, hit me up


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 03:34 PM   #14
ChaChung
Native
 
ChaChung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Posts: 320
Default

Beautiful fish. I love finding browns on a small stream. I think they are some of the harder fish to catch up there.
__________________
Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 10:18 PM   #15
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member
 
fishinbub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 5,106
Default

There are only a small handful of streams that predominantly hold wild browns...they are generally the easiest streams to ID from reports. You've done a very good job (intentional or not) of keeping this one anonymous. I always appreciate that in a report.
__________________
The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 10:55 PM   #16
aknezo
Native
 
aknezo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbub View Post
There are only a small handful of streams that predominantly hold wild browns...they are generally the easiest streams to ID from reports. You've done a very good job (intentional or not) of keeping this one anonymous. I always appreciate that in a report.
Very much intentional. Too easy for a stream like that to get ruined by an influx of readers of a website. Especially at this time of year with their spawn soon. Not trying to be mean to newbies, but believe me everyone has to pay their dues before they actually start finding good water that holds fish.
__________________
Aidan Knezo
Follow me on Instagram
Check out my Flickr
aknezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 11:46 PM   #17
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member
 
fishinbub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 5,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknezo View Post
Very much intentional. Too easy for a stream like that to get ruined by an influx of readers of a website. Especially at this time of year with their spawn soon. Not trying to be mean to newbies, but believe me everyone has to pay their dues before they actually start finding good water that holds fish.
It's (almost) impossible to ID a stream you've never fished from a report, unless the poster just gets really careless.That being said, it's just more fun when the location is a secret.

Truth be told, most of the guys that can ID streams from reports don't fish that much anymore...which reminds me...we're way overdue for a PLT sighting.
__________________
The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright 2010 - North Georgia Trout Online - All Rights Reserved