NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-17, 08:30 AM   #11
splatek16
Native

That's one of my favorite places. This fish are gorgeous, spooky, and super rewarding to catch, and if I'm not mistaken, you weren't far from some speck and bow streams if you wanted to go for the wild slam.

Great report. Great fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 11:03 AM   #12
aknezo
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
That's one of my favorite places. This fish are gorgeous, spooky, and super rewarding to catch, and if I'm not mistaken, you weren't far from some speck and bow streams if you wanted to go for the wild slam.

Great report. Great fish!

I’m sure that there are some good streams around there since it is pretty decent altitude and has sizable water but this isn’t the one everyone is probably thinking it is. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find with a topo map and some lookin. That and it seems like everyone knows the small few “wild” trout streams in Georgia now.
aknezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 12:04 PM   #13
splatek16
Native

You're probably correct. I only know of about four managed wild brown streams. I'm pretty sure everyone else knows about them too.
If you ever want company, hit me up

splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 03:34 PM   #14
ChaChung
Native

Beautiful fish. I love finding browns on a small stream. I think they are some of the harder fish to catch up there.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 10:18 PM   #15
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member

There are only a small handful of streams that predominantly hold wild browns...they are generally the easiest streams to ID from reports. You've done a very good job (intentional or not) of keeping this one anonymous. I always appreciate that in a report.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 10:55 PM   #16
aknezo
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbub View Post
There are only a small handful of streams that predominantly hold wild browns...they are generally the easiest streams to ID from reports. You've done a very good job (intentional or not) of keeping this one anonymous. I always appreciate that in a report.
Very much intentional. Too easy for a stream like that to get ruined by an influx of readers of a website. Especially at this time of year with their spawn soon. Not trying to be mean to newbies, but believe me everyone has to pay their dues before they actually start finding good water that holds fish.
aknezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 11:46 PM   #17
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknezo View Post
Very much intentional. Too easy for a stream like that to get ruined by an influx of readers of a website. Especially at this time of year with their spawn soon. Not trying to be mean to newbies, but believe me everyone has to pay their dues before they actually start finding good water that holds fish.
It's (almost) impossible to ID a stream you've never fished from a report, unless the poster just gets really careless.That being said, it's just more fun when the location is a secret.

Truth be told, most of the guys that can ID streams from reports don't fish that much anymore...which reminds me...we're way overdue for a PLT sighting.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote