NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-17, 05:38 PM   #1
Steve Hudson
Hall of Fame Member

Default Exciting news! TWO new books out this week!

Hi folks! I wanted to let you know that TWO new books by Yours Truly are now available! Here's a brief look at each.

CHATTAHOOCHEE TROUT: The Definitive Guide to Chattahoochee Fishing - This 338-page guide covers all of the trout water on the Chattahoochee, from the uppermost headwaters down through Helen as well as the upper and lower tailwaters between Buford Dam down to US 41. This one was a labor of love, and if I say so myself it's pretty neat! Includes tons of info on techniques, access, tackle, flies and lures, and more ... including a detailed discussion of how to figure out what releases mean to the fishing.

FLY TYING 101: Learning To Tie Your Own Flies for Trout, Panfish, Bass and Saltwater - This 136-page guide is the latest in the popular "101" series of fly fishing books. It's perfect as a self-guided teaching tool for anyone who wants to get started in fly tying! It covers all of the basics and teaches you how to tie 30 great patterns along the way. It features lay-flat coil binding so it's tying-desk friendly too. It should be a great gift for anyone who wants to get started tying!

Ask for either of these at many of your local NGTO-sponsor fly shops, and they're also available direct from the website at ChattahoocheeMedia.com ... or (in the next few days) from our friends at Amazon.

As always, thank you to NGTO for the privilege of announcing these books here. I think you'll really enjoy either one!

Best,

Steve
Steve Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 07:50 PM   #2
Jakkbauer
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hudson View Post
Hi folks! I wanted to let you know that TWO new books by Yours Truly are now available! Here's a brief look at each.

CHATTAHOOCHEE TROUT: The Definitive Guide to Chattahoochee Fishing - This 338-page guide covers all of the trout water on the Chattahoochee, from the uppermost headwaters down through Helen as well as the upper and lower tailwaters between Buford Dam down to US 41. This one was a labor of love, and if I say so myself it's pretty neat! Includes tons of info on techniques, access, tackle, flies and lures, and more ... including a detailed discussion of how to figure out what releases mean to the fishing.

FLY TYING 101: Learning To Tie Your Own Flies for Trout, Panfish, Bass and Saltwater - This 136-page guide is the latest in the popular "101" series of fly fishing books. It's perfect as a self-guided teaching tool for anyone who wants to get started in fly tying! It covers all of the basics and teaches you how to tie 30 great patterns along the way. It features lay-flat coil binding so it's tying-desk friendly too. It should be a great gift for anyone who wants to get started tying!

Ask for either of these at many of your local NGTO-sponsor fly shops, and they're also available direct from the website at ChattahoocheeMedia.com ... or (in the next few days) from our friends at Amazon.

As always, thank you to NGTO for the privilege of announcing these books here. I think you'll really enjoy either one!

Best,

Steve
Steve,
It was a pleasure meeting you at the spin clinic and then seeing you on the river after that! Looking forward to the arrival of your book in my mailbox.

Tight lines,
David Walker Hubbard

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 08:10 PM   #3
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame

Steve
After seeing this, I have just told my wife what I want for Christmas.
I hope your sales goes well!!
Old 11-15-17, 08:25 PM   #4
JKFlyfish
Native

Steve,

Congratulations! I own several of your books and they are all great and very informative. I found the Saltwater one and the Nymphing one to be particularly helpful. I would recommend them to anyone looking for some tips.

Old 11-15-17, 08:31 PM   #5
retiredmp
Good Idea Fairy Hunter

If it's authored by Steve Hudson, it's definitely full of great usable information.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 10:35 PM   #6
Alexander.Foti
Native

Is Alpharetta Outfitters carrying the Hooch book? Thanks!
Old 01-13-18, 12:25 PM   #7
yaker
Native

Default Chattahoochee Trout book

Iím an old, former, Cochran Shoals wader. With all the traffic and the loss of carryover trout I had sort of given up on the Hooch. With Steveís book, however, I started exploring the river above Morgan Falls up to the dam. Even though itís January, Iíve had a blast finding new water and wading opportunities. The book has answered a lot of my questions, like access points, that have kept me from getting back into the river. Thanks, Steve, for a very informative book.
yaker is offline   Reply With Quote