NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Gear Talk > Gear and Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-17, 11:12 PM   #1
Brotherbear
Native

Default Flash light in the day time

For all of us who suffer from lack of vision ( pun Intended in many ways ) when tying line on the water a high intensity head lamp makes a big difference.Especially in funky daylight.
Old 11-29-17, 06:38 AM   #2
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Precision Work

The new headlamps and similar great for all sorts of circumstances. I had not thought about using one on just deep overcast days but it would be an advantage. Not unlike in a surgery in a well-lit room, but the surgeons still have those giant overhead lights to enhance the work area. I use one of mine if I am working on the car in the garage - it just really lights up the dark corners of mechanical mystery ...............
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 04:58 PM   #3
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNKIES View Post
The new headlamps and similar great for all sorts of circumstances. I had not thought about using one on just deep overcast days but it would be an advantage. Not unlike in a surgery in a well-lit room, but the surgeons still have those giant overhead lights to enhance the work area. I use one of mine if I am working on the car in the garage - it just really lights up the dark corners of mechanical mystery ...............
I was once upon a time a pretty good shadetree mechanic, but not any more. Too high tech for my tired mind. But I did learn the value of a good light. One of the main benefits is a light will cause you to focus on what is lit. I can see the benefits of a good focused light while tying a #18 ptail on 6x tippett.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 06:31 PM   #4
UncleJesse
Native

All you guys over 60 years need to keep a close relationship with an eye doctor. I thought I had missed going for an exam for a year but it had been 3 years since my last exam instead of 2. I was about legally blind because of cataracts, down to 20/100. Not saying the light not good but be more vigilant than I was about your eyes. The new bright headlight don't blind me as bad now at traffic lights and my over all vision is much improved, even though I am still wear glasses.
Old 11-29-17, 07:03 PM   #5
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
All you guys over 60 years need to keep a close relationship with an eye doctor. I thought I had missed going for an exam for a year but it had been 3 years since my last exam instead of 2. I was about legally blind because of cataracts, down to 20/100. Not saying the light not good but be more vigilant than I was about your eyes. The new bright headlight don't blind me as bad now at traffic lights and my over all vision is much improved, even though I am still wear glasses.
Yearly visits for me, I wear contacts daily, glasses when I have to. My prescription hasn't changed in 3 years, just some minor tweaking to get a better balance with my contacts

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 04:35 PM   #6
Crawfish
Native

Default Eyes have it

I just turned 71 and had cataracts removed from both eyes several years ago. It was like a miracle. I was amazed to see individual leaves on the trees.
Your vision deteriorates so slowly you probably won’t notice it. Get your eyes checked!
I get ‘em checked every year now.
Old 12-08-17, 01:24 PM   #7
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Cataracts

I had both my cataracts done a couple of years ago and got corrective lenses put back in so for the first time since 1st grade I do not have to wear contacts nor glasses - except readers for flies and small type faces. I describe the difference in vision as being like taking off a pair of lightly tinted amber sun glasses and seeing the true colors again. Have an associate who is a fly tier and artist. Got his cataracts done, went home and threw out hundreds of flies he had tied and created a 6 month backlog of work to correct the colors in his paintings.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote