NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-17, 02:59 PM   #11
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetBoy View Post
Is Simmons moving into the old Fiserv offices?
Had some bad info...Simmons is not moving in. It was originally built for Simmons in the 70s. that whole property was bought real cheap 10m for redevelopment. Its a really interesting building...the first time I saw it I thought it was some luxury town homes. Some of the building are above the ground on wooden pylons and connected by long bridges. More of a campus really. Hopefully they'll maintain the majority of the structure and have a minimal impact on JB. There was talk about putting in a performing arts center there in the summer but I'm pretty sure that is off the books now. The park reconstruction has been going on for a year now I believe. Well see what happens with this project and what kind of effect it will have on the river.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--...W3OL0u7OER9cK/

Heres some Pics:

http://archives.gwinnettforum.com/20...es/14.1205.htm
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.

Last edited by GoutUnlimited; 11-30-17 at 03:13 PM.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 04:59 PM   #12
natureman
Native

I attended some seminars at the elevated building many, many years ago. Its elevated design was recognized as having minimal impact on the environment.
natureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 05:48 PM   #13
mbailey729
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureman View Post
I attended some seminars at the elevated building many, many years ago. Its elevated design was recognized as having minimal impact on the environment.
This was the intention of the architect that designed the campus. I worked for the real estate and facilities division of Fiserv a few years ago before they relocated to Alpharetta, and got to meet and talk to the architect. As you said, the buildings were put on stilts as to not interfere with the movement of the animals (mostly deer) to and from the river.

Wish I had been introduced to fly fishing when I still worked out there
mbailey729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 07:52 PM   #14
Dylar
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbailey729 View Post
Thatís kinda scary hearing shots in the middle of the day so close to a school and multiple parks. I got out there a little earlier than that but didnít hear anything. Didnít have much luck today. 3 bites and landed 3 browns, 1 being about 6Ē. Here are the other two
Really nicely conditioned looking fish.
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 06:55 AM   #15
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

If you believe that someone is poaching deer, by all means, report it to Eddie Tompkins and Eric Saunders. They are the local Game Wardens responsible for the area. Nothing gets Eddie more fired up than catching a poacher and he's **** good at it.

BTW, it's legal to use firearm in Gwinnett, just must meet the minimum distance requirements.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 08:31 AM   #16
Aardvark
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntfish View Post
If you believe that someone is poaching deer, by all means, report it to Eddie Tompkins and Eric Saunders. They are the local Game Wardens responsible for the area. Nothing gets Eddie more fired up than catching a poacher and he's **** good at it.

BTW, it's legal to use firearm in Gwinnett, just must meet the minimum distance requirements.
I seriously doubt that it is legal to even possess a firearm in the parks around JB.
Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 09:05 AM   #17
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
I seriously doubt that it is legal to even possess a firearm in the parks around JB.
You can carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntfish View Post

It's not really designated hunting land...also I looked at the parks boundaries and east jb (state) goes only about till the creek up past the bridge. The woods past the creek I have no clue who owns...I'm guessing federal....haven't seen any boundary signage. Guesstimating probably a good 30-40acres of woods and would easily clear the minimum distance requirements which I believe are 50 yards in Gwinnett. Thanks for the info.
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 10:20 AM   #18
LureheadEd
Native

I live in Gwinnett, there's a small patch of woods behind my house where deer are shot sometimes......In the past, I have called and called to every agency , fed and state and local, to find out a "minimum distance" law or rule about shooting near houses....Nobody could give me an answer, and all referred me to another agency, mostly someone I had already called,...A vicious government circle with no answers....If anyone knows of an actual law or rule, please let me know where to find it....
LureheadEd is offline   Reply With Quote