NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-17, 10:23 PM   #11
Justhooked
Native

It was my first time on the Tuck and I will be back! Camped just out of Bryson city on the delayed harvest section. Only fished about an hour so I can't give a full report but I caught this nice brown on a large steamer and also another decent rainbow. Check out grumpy bear campground. It's right on the river. Can't wait to go back. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Justhooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 10:15 AM   #12
jonmo
Native

Thumbs up

Way to go Just. Thanks for the report!

Doc
jonmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 10:29 AM   #13
splatek16

Copy that.
Nice fish.
Thank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 01:16 PM   #14
andymoore
Native

Grumpy Bear Campground is where we stayed as well. Launched our boat right from the campsite. We must not have missed you by much. The place is very nice.
andymoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 07:53 AM   #15
splatek16

It was roughly one year ago my GF bought be a guided trip on the tuckaseegee river. We ended up catching a dozen or so each, they'd just stocked.

We left yesterday to come up to NC for her work Xmas party, and by the time we got into sylva, checked into hotel, and whatnot, it left me about 65 minutes on the water. Surprisingly, there were only two other souls fishing, two Georgia boys whose names I already forgot. They are ngto members and we new some of the same people. We conversed about what they were eating: the younger of the two guys sorta indicated they were eating anything. The older, mentor, said they'd been crushing a mohair leech and was kind enough to share love one. The water was fast, peaking after a release, but still slack enough to implement the old dry dropper. Big old stimulator up top, mohair leech (Unweighted) in the middle, and a pink beaded tungsten nymph at the point.
Tenth cast, rainbow.
Then I got into a pod of brookies, five of those. Didn't leave without a few browns.
I don't have any pictures, because I forgot to pack my waterproof camera phone thing. You can believe me or not, but the tuck DH IS hot, just the way I remembered it.

To add to an awesome day, after my GF dropped me at the tusk fishing hole she went into "downtown" sylva and while there popped into black rock outfitters and got me a few rep your water shirts on sale.
Now off to Asheville for the party on the Biltmore ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 04:04 PM   #16
Dave375
Native

Great report. Truly awesome when a place where you have a special memory delivers again. Enjoy the Christmas party!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk