NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > Events & Happenings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-17, 05:22 AM   #1
retiredmp
BOD Member, Hall of Fame Member

Default The Fly Fishing Show - Atlanta Feb 2,3, 2018

It's not to early to be thinking and planning ahead for Fly Fishing Show - Atlanta to be located at the Infinite Energy Center, 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, G 30097. More info: (www.flyfishingshow.com)

I am the lead for the set-up, manning and tear-down for the upcoming Fly Fishing Show - Atlanta. I'm getting the request to assist out early, and hopefully about 20 folks will provide at least one volunteer per hour, we are operational. Volunteers and tickets to enter into the venue to perform outreach at our booth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fly Fishing Show - Atlanta: Non-Profit Booth Contract Requirements
It has been a tradition of the show to give group discounts to your club. If purchase a block of 20 tickets or more you can receive show tickets for $10 each.

NOTE: I will purchase a block of 20 tickets for $10.00. If you purchase one of these from me - you pay $ 10 versus $ 15 at the door. First come first serve on these discounted tickets.

1. We provide the space, but you must bring your own tables or display, The tables must be covered and skirted to maintain the look of the show. NGTO will be using it's own tables and linens to be set up on Thursday afternoon.

IMPORTANT
2. Each group gets (5) worker admittances per day to man their booth if it is located inside the show floor. The only exception is where the volunteer booths are in the lobby, or at the entrance to the show floor. Show tickets must then be purchased for a reduced rate if volunteers wish to attend the show. If they work your booth only, and do not want to attend the show there is no need for a show ticket.

3. Electricity has been purchased for our NGTO booth.

4. Also, we insist that no “hawking” take place in the aisles. All other paying exhibitors are confined to their booths and can’t stop people in the aisles. Violating this rule will hurt your return invitation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MANPOWER - VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP

Thursday Feb 1 - 5:00pm (estimated time) Need 3 people to assist with carrying in and then setting up (Retired MP - Carolyn / Trout R - Randy. (free admission -1 / The EG - Bill - free admission - 2)

Friday, Feb 2nd 0845 (2) Volunteers ensure booth is ready (Retired MP - Carolyn / Wind Knot - Don = Free admission - 3)
0900 - 1000 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (Retired MP - Carolyn / Wind Knot - Don - free admission - 3)
1000 - 1100 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (Gout Unlimited - Gregg - Free admission - 4)
1100 - 1200 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (Kelly Hinson - Kelly Free admission - 5)
1200 - 1300 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (Kelly Hinson - Kelly - Free admission - 5)
1300 - 1400 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth
1400 - 1500 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth
1500 - 1600 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth
1600 - 1700 (2) Volunteers Requested for NTGO Booth
1700 - 1800 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth

*** NOTE: Jan 4, 2018 - the five free entries for admission to the show have been assigned for Friday.

If you only want to volunteer in NGTO booth only, and do not want to attend the show there is no need for a show ticket.

Saturday, Feb 3rd
0845 (2) Volunteers ensure booth is ready (Retired MP - Carolyn / Trout R - Randy - Free admission - 1)
0900 - 1000 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (Retired MP - Carolyn / Trout R - Randy - Free admission - 1)
1000 - 1100 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (The EG - Bill - Free Admission - 2)
1100 - 1200 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (The EG - Bill - Free Admission - 2)
1200 - 1300 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (The EG - Bill - Free Admission - 2)
1300 - 1400 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (The EG - Bill - Free Admission - 2)
1400 - 1500 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (ugaminton - Michael - Free Admission - 3)
1500 - 1600 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth (ugaminton - Michael - Free Admission - 3)
1600 - 1700 (2) Volunteers Requested for NTGO Booth
1700 - 1800 (2) Volunteers Requested for NGTO Booth

***NOTE: Jan 4, 2018 - 2 free admissions to the show for volunteering are still available.

If you only want to volunteer in NGTO booth only, and do not want to attend the show there is no need for a show ticket.

Break Down: 1800 - 1900 Take down display/booth (Retired MP - Carolyn / The EG / TBD)

Volunteers - who will assist - but haven't identified the time/date in our booth.

1) Baldea - Brent: Saturday (Tentative)
2) Splatek - awaiting schedule to determine availability

Please let me know what days/times that you can assist in spreading the word about NGTO. I will keep this post updated by names when I have received them. Updated as of 1200 (12:00pm), January 8, 2018

Thanks.. I hope to see many of you there.

Retired MP
Aka Carolyn

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Last edited by retiredmp; 01-08-18 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Updated with latest volunteers to assist with NGTO Booth
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 08:29 PM   #2
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame

Retiredmp,

I will be glad to help. I can help set up Thursday if needed and the earlier the better Saturday works best. So I can do a couple of hours.
Just let me know.
Old 12-05-17, 08:33 PM   #3
Sighter
Native (Formerly known as DoubleRainbow)

I'd be glad to help as well, but I will post closer to that date so I have a better idea of what times I would be able to make it.
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 04:42 AM   #4
retiredmp

Thank you

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
Old 12-07-17, 02:41 PM   #5
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member, Secretary

I can fit some hours into my busy, retired, Friday. What ever suits you.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 04:36 PM   #6
UncleJesse
Native

I can probably help out; would offer on Thursday but that is my wife's and my birthdays. That's pretty close.
Old 12-12-17, 03:52 PM   #7
retiredmp

Uncle Jesse - Thursday requirements are only for the set-up of our NGTO Booth - we begin at 5:00pm and I only need one more volunteer.

Happy Birthday in advance to you and your wife. I hope you both have a great day and time together.

Old 12-12-17, 07:36 PM   #8
GoutUnlimited
Native

Carolyn put me down for 10-11 Friday please. I think I will be free. If something comes up I'll be there Saturday for sure, but I'm banking on Friday so I can go to the film festival afterwards.
Old 12-13-17, 07:20 AM   #9
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Carolyn put me down for a time and date TBD. Most likely Saturday.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

baldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 10:19 AM   #10
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Carolyn,

Put me down for set up on Thursday.

I'll also work half a day Saturday and if need be all day. If you get more volunteers reduce my time to make accommodations. I'll also help with tear down if needed.