NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-17, 03:40 PM   #11
trout4life
Native

Send a message via Yahoo to trout4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA CORNCHUCKER View Post
I happen to like the guide I'm talking about, very nice guy. What if the next time you show up at that hole those 4 guys and 4 of their friends are there and the hole above it and the hole below it and you know it's a direct result of the guided trip earlier? Not to mention the 50 other clients he's taken there.
It's a DH stream so not too upset. Would just go to another spot. It's a pretty large stream. Even on days the lots are full I can still get to fish but I have been fishing the DH streams from the beginning so I can tell most of the 2.5 miles of river. Some of these clients could be TU supporters, new folks(future supporters), or just someone paying to be out in nature where I have explored for free.
trout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 03:41 PM   #12
BUBBA CORNCHUCKER
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspanic View Post
Millions of people make a living off of public resources

Power companies
Farmers
Commercial fisherman
Oil companies
Minors

etc

Great point. I just don't like it happening on the stream. Hell I don't like seeing anybody out there, much less somebody that's getting paid to ruin my solitude.
BUBBA CORNCHUCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 10:28 AM   #13
BUBBA CORNCHUCKER
Native

304 views and no one has an issue with this? Not one more selfish solitude lover? You guys are saints, and true lovers of humanity. I am humbled. I hope that every time you hike in, there will be somebody already there. From what I am reading that should make your day. pfffft
BUBBA CORNCHUCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 10:35 AM   #14
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
304 views and no one has an issue with this? Not one more selfish solitude lover? You guys are saints, and true lovers of humanity. I am humbled. I hope that every time you hike in, there will be somebody already there. From what I am reading that should make your day. pfffft
Sorry no one else joined your pitch fork party. For me, I have more important stuff to get upset about. Also, public and solitude are usually not compatible terms.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 10:46 AM   #15
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Lets move to get the taxis, ubers, etc off the our public roads. Make them walk, loose some weight and decrease our medical payments.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 10:54 AM   #16
groundpounder
Hall of Fame Member, Former Director

Forum posts have done far more damage to peoples fishing solidarity than guides ever will.
And to the OP, to be so anti-social why are you posting on a social forum?
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 12:49 PM   #17
eyeflyfish
Native

Quote:
I happen to like the guide I'm talking about, very nice guy. What if the next time you show up at that hole those 4 guys and 4 of their friends are there and the hole above it and the hole below it and you know it's a direct result of the guided trip earlier? Not to mention the 50 other clients he's taken there.
So... were there 50 guys there on this trip? Or were there 8 guys there on this trip? Or were 6 guys there on this trip?
I am trying to understand if this is a new guide and this was first set of clients and first trip to this spot and we are hypothesizing that 8 guys will now be at this spot every time you fish there. Or is this a seasoned guide who has taken 54 clients there and now there are always 4 fisherman to a hole?

Being the slow simple type I need more information before I can really make a comment. And I need to know the facts from the hypothesizing.

Honestly I go to creeks and rivers mentioned on this forum and in books and sometimes I'm all alone and sometimes I see half dozen or so guys spread out. And some of them I have the pleasure of speaking with and enjoyed the conversation.
eyeflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 01:09 PM   #18
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Losing Public Waters?

We are losing public waters in that we are losing access to our public waters. Moreover, there are greedy types who would love to take water rights private. Recall a little texas company named Enron? They had a plan called Blue Gold to get ownership of public water at no cost to them and sell water rights to communities, agriculture and industry. So far, ALL water remains public water.

Again, the real issue is access. In Montana my cousin calls it a 10-2-10. Where ranchers used to allow anglers to park and walk across the pasture to fish, there are now McMansions (10,000 sq ft - 2 people - 10 weekends a year) where the owners do not want anglers spoiling their view so right after they set up the cappuccino maker they put up the no trespassing signs.

And this situation also occurs on our southeastern streams and will worsen without some mitigation in the laws regarding access. Unfortunately, this is a state by state effort and typically gets little support among legislators.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 02:09 PM   #19
dink
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hate guides!!!
dink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 02:42 PM   #20
skibum
Hall of Fame Member

Dam you Guides, Dam you all to hell!