NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > Sponsors & Supporters Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-17, 06:09 PM   #1
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Default Fern Valley Clinic 12/16

Myself and Gordon Vanderpool will be offering a full day clinic at the awesome Fern Valley on the Soque River.

The clinic will be titled "On Stream Problem Solving".

This clinic is designed for anglers with mid to high level experience and will teach you the how to make on stream adjustments to consistently catch more fish. The following is a sample of what will be discussed:

-Seasonal changes
-Weather related decisions
-Fly selection
-Tactic decisions
-Approach angles
-Stream conditions

Students should expect in between one and two hours of off stream instruction followed by 6 hours of on stream application with Gordon and I present to help guide you, answer questions and offer suggestions.

Date: 12/16/2017
Time: 8:30 - 4:30
Cost: $175 per angler

This class is LIMITED to 8 participants. Please send me a PM for your initial registration, I will confirm back. Payment will be required by 11/16 to ensure your spot.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 11:24 AM   #2
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

OK we have four spots left.

An FYI to anyone attending or interested in attending... Paul Bourcq will also be there. Paul is a former Team USA Fly Fishing member and former head coach of the US Youth Fly Fishing Team. He now is a major player with Drift Media Productions and will be filming the event and also wanted to do some instruction. Paul helped film and produce "In The Loop" and "Fin Chasers".

Old 10-25-17, 08:12 AM   #3
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

This clinic is full, and we have had a few requests beyond our capacity already so it looks like we will be adding another clinic in January.

Old 12-17-17, 09:14 AM   #4
splatek16
Native

Just wanted to drop another thank you to big T and Gordon, and Glad and Marty at fern valley for this clinic.

I think I speak for all the participants when I say "wow" that was a lot of information. I'm sure for most of the other guys, it was a lot of review and I apologize for maybe posing some obtuse questions, but for me, still being reasonably new to the sport, wow. As @Streamsidesam said, like drinking from a fire hose. It was also a blast getting to meet and fish with some guys from the board. I ended up with about 10-12, no real pigs, but some really decent fish.

I won't make this ***** any longer than it needs to be, but will say that these two guys not only know what they're talking about, but have real thought hard about how to effectively communicate that information to student-anglers of all ages, all skill levels, etc. I've been a professor for almost two decades (jeez I'm old) and these guys are as good as any of the educators I've worked with.

Thanks fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 10:11 AM   #5
Sgrass
Stocker

First time at Fern Valley. Thanks Glad and Marty. Beautiful property, great hospitality! For me fishing was slow, picked up a few, but really learned a lot. It's funny, the older I get, it becomes less about the numbers and more about the art. I almost.... almost enjoy watching more experienced fisherman catch fish than I do catching them. Thanks Big T and Gordon.
Sgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 02:09 PM   #6
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Thanks to all that attended and for being so interactive. You guys had great questions.

I truly believe you guys will catch more fish working through the decision making we went over. For those who didn't make this one we will most likely do a large classroom version or another streamside version in January.

Here are a few pics from the day.

Old 12-17-17, 09:31 PM   #7
Dave375
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
Just wanted to drop another thank you to big T and Gordon, and Glad and Marty at fern valley for this clinic.

I think I speak for all the participants when I say "wow" that was a lot of information.

It was also a blast getting to meet and fish with some guys from the board.

these two guys not only know what they're talking about, but have real thought hard about how to effectively communicate that information to student-anglers of all ages, all skill levels, etc. I've been a professor for almost two decades (jeez I'm old) and these guys are as good as any of the educators I've worked with
Great, highly enjoyable class by 2 great guys with a unique ability to communicate the information in a fun and understandable way. I've participated in 4 of their clinics now and recommend to anyone who wants to improve your fishing knowledge and ability.
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote