NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fly Tying Bench > Fly Tying
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-17, 12:09 PM   #31
Budwick
Native

Sighter those HE's look LEGIT. I know that will be running point very soon on my rig. Also thank you to Big T for donating the box with some trout snacks, I'm glad I was able to donate some flies as well that will hopefully bring a smile to an anglers face.

Instagram @_big_wurm
Budwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 12:51 PM   #32
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budwick View Post
Sighter those HE's look LEGIT. I know that will be running point very soon on my rig. Also thank you to Big T for donating the box with some trout snacks, I'm glad I was able to donate some flies as well that will hopefully bring a smile to an anglers face.
Haha thanks Budwick! They aren't the easiest fly to tie but I did my best and am glad with how they turned out. I've been doing indicator fishing most of the winter as the winds have really messed up my euro nymphing game, I usually use the HE as an anchor bc it gets down relatively quickly even with the bulk. Also eliminates the need for split shot unless you run into a very deep hole.

Unfortunately I lost your Olive Soft Hackle in an overhanging limb at Amicalola. It also broke the tip of my 10' nymph rod at the same go. Extremely disappointed as that soft hackle looked like a fish magnet, and I am without my primary Euro Nymph rod
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 02:20 PM   #33
Budwick
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighter View Post
Haha thanks Budwick! They aren't the easiest fly to tie but I did my best and am glad with how they turned out. I've been doing indicator fishing most of the winter as the winds have really messed up my euro nymphing game, I usually use the HE as an anchor bc it gets down relatively quickly even with the bulk. Also eliminates the need for split shot unless you run into a very deep hole.

Unfortunately I lost your Olive Soft Hackle in an overhanging limb at Amicalola. It also broke the tip of my 10' nymph rod at the same go. Extremely disappointed as that soft hackle looked like a fish magnet, and I am without my primary Euro Nymph rod
You know you are supposed to stay out of the trees right lol?!? Don't worry, I have a few of those softies laying around on my tying desk I'll send you. The trout got lucky that day. I also hate hearing about the nymph rod breaking, I always worry about that because of how sensitive and delicate the tip is on those rods. Every time I bang the Syndicate on a branch or stick it in the side of a tree I hold my breathe......

Instagram @_big_wurm
Old 12-27-17, 02:37 PM   #34
Sighter

Hey man, tryna catch my PB twig fish, they fight harder than any trout! Ah, you don't have to send any, but if you do I'll send some ore HE's your way. Yeah the nymph rod breaking did suck but im in talks of getting a replacement tip section. Either way, I'm long overdue for an upgrade, probably going to go with a Syndicate 10' 3wt myself
Old 12-27-17, 07:07 PM   #35
Budwick
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighter View Post
Hey man, tryna catch my PB twig fish, they fight harder than any trout! Ah, you don't have to send any, but if you do I'll send some ore HE's your way. Yeah the nymph rod breaking did suck but im in talks of getting a replacement tip section. Either way, I'm long overdue for an upgrade, probably going to go with a Syndicate 10' 3wt myself
I bought a 10ft 3wt from Big T. It has a strong butt section for fighting big fish, delicate tip, and super sensitive too. My buddy also has the 10ft 3wt and the 11 ft 2 wt. The only thing I would say about the 2wt is you better have a good net guy handy for the larger fish but the 3wt has caught 5lb fish no problem.

Instagram @_big_wurm
Old 01-04-18, 01:24 PM   #36
Sighter

Quick Update:

I am waiting on one shipment from a participant right now but I have everyone else's!! The "State of Emergency" that the state is in right now may be effecting the shipping times... Once I receive the last shipment I will upload a picture of the donation box, and let me tell yah, she sure is pretty . By the way things are looking right now it will be donated to Casting for Hope but I will be sure to update you on that if it changes.

Overall, everyone tied some beautiful flies and were extremely generous in the amount they donated. Thanks you guys, and keep your eyes peeled for your Package in the near future!
Old 01-04-18, 02:06 PM   #37
Sighter

Alll flies are in!! Here is the pretty box full of flies! 71 flies to be donated along with a nice box. Thank you guys so much for participating and I will be mailing them out either tomorrow or the day after!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sighter; 01-04-18 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-04-18, 02:22 PM   #38
Sighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-18, 07:53 PM   #39
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame

Default Great Job!!!

Thanks Sighter for putting this together!!! I know it was a big undertaking. But I'm sure the recipient of that box will be blown away for sure.
Very well done young man!!
Old 01-12-18, 01:33 PM   #40
Sighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout "R" View Post
Thanks Sighter for putting this together!!! I know it was a big undertaking. But I'm sure the recipient of that box will be blown away for sure.
Very well done young man!!
Thanks Trout R!! It sure was but I am glad that we as an organization could pull it off!! Big thanks to everyone that participated and donated!

Also, the flies have been sent!! There were a few where I need to get your addresses again so those might be delayed for a day, but I sent a PM to you if that was the case. expect them to arrive soon!!