NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Swap Shop
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-17, 01:06 PM   #11
Dtroutmann
Native

Honestly pretty sure Bruce wouldn't want it cut.
Definitely a ruff day. His band was the 1st one that I went on tour with as a Sound Engineer. He played my sisters wedding 13yrs ago to the day. She was there celebrating here anniversary. The rest of the guys playing and his wife are devastated. He will be mourned and sorely missed.

Trophies are relative
Dtroutmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-17, 01:26 PM   #12
Dtroutmann
Native

Yeah everyone thought it was part of his shtick, and then just got distracted by the jamming, so nobody realised that almost 4 min had gone by and that something was wrong. When we realised it he was brought off stage and attended to by some very good paramedics, they did everything right his heart was beating and he was breathing when he was taken away in the ambulance. He died shortly after getting to the hospital. Can't explain how helpless everyone felt standing next to him saying prayers for him to be alright

Trophies are relative
Old 05-02-17, 01:28 PM   #13
Jason
Georgia Master Naturalist, SOLO Advanced WFA

Holy Cow!!!

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-17, 09:12 PM   #14
Brotherbear
Native

We first met at the 14th Gate in downtown ATL Used to drive at the courier co. I worked for.Followed his music for decades.
Old 05-03-17, 04:07 PM   #15
Inigo Montoya
Native

My favorite Bruce video.

"I love stairwells. they will never ever go out of style." - Dr. Bethune Workman

Inigo Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-17, 07:49 PM   #16
Dtroutmann
Native

Video doesn't respond

Trophies are relative
Old 05-04-17, 12:17 PM   #17
Inigo Montoya
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtroutmann View Post
Video doesn't respond
HTML Code:
https://vimeo.com/32341856
Inigo Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-17, 01:52 PM   #18
Groundhog
Native

Quote:
I've known Bruce for 20yrs, and was there recording the show for them. He will be missed by but especially by us who were part of his family.
Here is a link for anyone that would like to hear last night's show. It was a celebration of his life and yes he died like he lived onstage with people that loved him.
This is the whole show from Last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeaETVBtMk
Just now seeing this post. The Col. was a living legend- no doubt he would've wanted to go out that way. Almost like he planned it. Grew up in Atl. ( as a teenager ) in the mid 90's and saw Bruce more times than I can remember. One that sticks out is Music Midtown ( 95 ), before it was at P. Park. Bruce played right after Leftover and there were maybe 20 people watching ( maybe 100 @ LOS ), one of them being a dude dressed in full Ronald McDonald outfit, down to the detail. Whole experience blew my 16 yr old mind. His Brandy House residency during Summer/ Fall ( ? ) of 98 was classic- throw down every night w/ the likes of Jimmy H., D. Trucks, JoJo and countless others that are skipping my mind.

Godspeed to the Col. Long live Zambi. Space is the place
Old 12-28-17, 01:55 PM   #19
Groundhog
Native

Quote:
Yeah everyone thought it was part of his shtick, and then just got distracted by the jamming, so nobody realised that almost 4 min had gone by and that something was wrong. When we realised it he was brought off stage and attended to by some very good paramedics, they did everything right his heart was beating and he was breathing when he was taken away in the ambulance. He died shortly after getting to the hospital. Can't explain how helpless everyone felt standing next to him saying prayers for him to be alright
when watching the video, it seems that Jimmy is the first one to really notice that something isn't right. Strong look of concern about 2 minutes in ( if i can remember correctly )
Old 12-28-17, 03:07 PM   #20
wookie
Native

I was there in the 3rd row and saw pretty much all of it happen. It was one of the greatest nights of music I have ever seen and I still think about the show a lot. Everybody seemed to think he was just doing his normal thing. I am interested to see what the guys in Widespread Panic play this weekend for their return to the Fox since that night.
wookie is offline   Reply With Quote