NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Gear Talk > Gear and Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-18, 12:59 PM   #11
FishWillie
Native

Found these guys in Alabama...http://compass360gear.com/HOLIDAY_SALE/.
give'em a try
FishWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 03:11 PM   #12
AK Pipeline
Native

Default Go Simms

I went through 3 pairs of less expensive waders in one year and decided to bite the bullet on the G3 waders about 10 years ago. I still have them. For me, it's well worth the money. Also, it's the only company that makes waders that fit me off the line relatively well - Large with a size 13 foot. Before purchasing the G3, I was having to buy at least an XXL to get a large enough boot size.
In my mind, they're top notch waders, made in the USA, and worth the extra cost.
AK Pipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 10:10 AM   #13
fishteeth
Native

Another vote for G3's. I bought a pair last year when they went on close out. If you can still find some, I'd go that route.
fishteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 08:39 PM   #14
wspanic
Native

I’ve been going through all types of waders the last few years cheap and expensive, I fish a lot and I’m tough on waders.

I bought a pair of the new Simms G3s a couple months ago and I will never own anything else

They are literally like slipping on your favorite pair of khakis or jeans, so comfortable and durable

Just spend the extra money I promise you won’t regret it
wspanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-18, 11:25 PM   #15
Dawg Vet
Native

Unfortunately I have to agree on the Simms as well. I bought a pair of G3ís several years ago and love them dearly. Best money Iíve spent on fishing gear.

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps
Dawg Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 11:44 AM   #16
Dtroutmann
Native

I'll start out by admitting that I am a gearwhore. I currently own a pair of Orvis Silver Sonics, Simms G3, and Redington Sonic Pros. I haven't had the silver Sonic's long enough to comment on although they are very comfortable. I got the Sims g3s they're also very comfortable but I got a hole in the knee in less than 6 months and I regularly wear knee pads. I've had my Redington Sonic Pros for 5 years zero issues. You can get them Sierra Trading Post they are regularly on sale for $150. At that price they honestly can't be beat.

Trophies are relative
Dtroutmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 03:01 PM   #17
troutrookie
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtroutmann View Post
I'll start out by admitting that I am a gearwhore. I currently own a pair of Orvis Silver Sonics, Simms G3, and Redington Sonic Pros. I haven't had the silver Sonic's long enough to comment on although they are very comfortable. I got the Sims g3s they're also very comfortable but I got a hole in the knee in less than 6 months and I regularly wear knee pads. I've had my Redington Sonic Pros for 5 years zero issues. You can get them Sierra Trading Post they are regularly on sale for $150. At that price they honestly can't be beat.
2X
troutrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 03:36 PM   #18
WPrich
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtroutmann View Post
I'll start out by admitting that I am a gearwhore.
I can vouch for you on that buddy lol, you definitely are!!!
WPrich is offline   Reply With Quote