NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-18, 05:28 PM   #1
toddwchandler
Stocker

Default Appreciation For The Trout Fishing Community

I have been reading and trying to learn about fishing the Hooch is recent weeks and just realized today that Jones Bridge Park is only a few minutes away from my office.

I swung by there today on my lunch break just to take a look around. On my way out, I ran into a retired gentleman named Jim. He took the time to point out the better spots to fish and the areas that can be dangerous and also explained to me how the water releases from the **** work.

He also showed me his box of flies and explained the difference between his fishing waders and felt souled boots and the hunting waders that I'm used to.

I told him that I had only fished with spinning gear and didn't know how to fly fish yet. He was very encouraging and mentioned the free classes at Orvis to me and encouraged me to get out there with my spinning gear and give it a try.

What a super nice guy. I am really enjoying learning from all of you guys and look forward to meeting more of you as I keep up the journey towards being a better trout fisherman and trying to learn more about the Hooch.

If any of you fish that area regularly, shoot me a PM. I'd love to come over on my lunch hour and meet you and pick your brain.
toddwchandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 11:00 PM   #2
Trout Dog
Native

You were me 4years ago. I donít post here much but you are for sure in the right place to learn online and city-wise. This is a tight knit community that never seems to fail to teach and guide. Upper Chattahoochee Trout Unlimited meets right around the corner from JB. The Atlanta Fly Fishing Club meets in town monthly. You have great local fly shops in Alpharetta Outfitters and the Fish Hawk that are a wealth of knowledge. Alpharetta Outfitters hosts classes frequently. Chris Scally runs River Through Atlanta guide service and I doubt there is anyone in town who knows the river better. He has made a living on it and he and his guides are top notch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Trout Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-18, 04:06 PM   #3
GoutUnlimited
Native

Jim is the best. Let me throw a fly rod for the first time and taught me how to cast.