NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Firearms & Shooting
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-17, 06:39 PM   #11
Captain
Native

Call T at NCF and book a cast and blast. Hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon. Wild trophy Bows and Browns and Quail and Pheasants that fly like wild birds. You will enjoy the experience!
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 09:50 AM   #12
mb90535im
Native

I was walking my dog weekend before last and flushed a pair of grouse. Almost gave me a heart attack because they let us get right on top of them before they flushed. I can't remember ever seeing more than one at a time. Encouraging though because I've seen several now around the cabin in the Cohuttas, but have yet to spot a single quail.
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 12:12 PM   #13
paulH
Native

Smile Grouse

My wife and I were walking our dogs up the roads in our community in West Jefferson and had one fly across the road in front of us. The setter and Boykin both went crazy and took us a while to get them back. Might be hope in moving north, was afraid I was giving up a something I love. Hope these old bones can hold up to walking up hill chasing birds.
paulH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 04:47 PM   #14
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member, Secretary

This is sad. 20+ years ago I was busting a covey every morning on my way to a creek bottom deer stand. Since that time, zilch point squat.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18, 12:48 PM   #15
paulH
Native

Thumbs up Bird hunt

Months later finally got to go hunt quail. Visited McCranie Plantation in Eastman, Ga. Fantastic people who love dogs and love to hunt birds and farm also. Birds did not fly as well on first day but next morning they did much better even though it was getting warm that day. Got into a true wild covey on second morning and would not let dogs get within 20 feet before flying. Only got one of them but quite a difference in size from pen raised we had been hunting. Smaller feet, body and neck feathers were lighter brown not white. Dog did well and I was not embarrassed to much considering she does not get to go like she deserves. Plan on Noontoola Farms next after talking with them yesterday at fly fishing show. Great deal for $175 plus 12 birds and any others still out there.
Old 02-04-18, 01:54 PM   #16
eyeflyfish
Native

If you would like some company on the Noontootla I would be happy to spring for another 12 birds
eyeflyfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 06:01 PM   #17
paulH
Native

Default Noontoola

Have a friend at work who wants to go right now but if he can not make the trip may take you up on the offer.