NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-18, 11:17 AM   #11
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Cool Boat + Beer = Blooper

Couple buddies of mine used to entertain themselves on Sunday afternoons driving to the boat ramp with a cooler full of beer. They would back the truck up to a good viewing position, get in the bed of the truck with lawns chairs and the cooler and watch the drunks and new boaters try to get their boats onto the trailers.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 12:30 PM   #12
EN 787
Native

Got a fly stuck on a branch that was one of those where if I jumped it would be within my reach. I got a hold the the branch and bent it so it would be easier for me to untangle the line and salvage the fly. I ended up loosing grip of the branch causing it to decompress and the fly lodged into my index finger. I was left there attached to the branch only by the fly still stuck in my finger while trying to grab the branch again. Not a fun experience...
Old 02-11-18, 02:01 AM   #13
Jakkbauer
Native

Flipped my yak this summer in the neighborhood lake trying to lean over and revive a bass... Guy doing yard work saw and didn't even laugh just kept working. It was like 5ft deep in that spot I'm 6'6. Stood up, revived fish, gathered all my crap which floats and just relaxed in my wet shame since it was hot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 10:59 PM   #14
Athos
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN 787 View Post
Got a fly stuck on a branch that was one of those where if I jumped it would be within my reach. I got a hold the the branch and bent it so it would be easier for me to untangle the line and salvage the fly. I ended up loosing grip of the branch causing it to decompress and the fly lodged into my index finger. I was left there attached to the branch only by the fly still stuck in my finger while trying to grab the branch again. Not a fun experience...
I have done this so many times that Iíve come to expect it. Great thread idea.

Most of my really good ones were in my first year or so on the hooch, but I had a great one recently at Dukeís. Fell off a bank into about waist deep water while trying to sneak into the creek.

After I caught my breath and got my hat started drying, I realized I was about 15 feet from a really useful set of stairs leading into the creek.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 09:43 AM   #15
NetBoy
Native

Took a day off from work and had a spot at Dukes. Forgot my reel. Went home.
NetBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 01:42 PM   #16
Jakkbauer
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetBoy View Post
Took a day off from work and had a spot at Dukes. Forgot my reel. Went home.
This one made me laugh the most. Short, sad, and funny.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 09:04 AM   #17
fishmonger
Past Director, Hall of Fame

A blooper reel needs some video, no?

http://vimeo.com/71022153

FM

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder
fishmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 09:42 AM   #18
richf7
Native

Last summer I was bass fishing from a dock using a finesse worm. It was getting dark and I couldn't figure out why my casts were only going a few feet. I looked up and a two foot section of my rod snapped right off. Then there was the time my reel flew off my rod during a cast and fell in the drink.

It was right out of a Three Stooges clip.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 09:47 AM   #19
Big Browns
Native

I've had several over the years and most may have or have not been related to partaking in some of that Bosnian fire water. Two that come to mind are.....

1) The 1st large rainbow I ever landed at Dukes. I was completely "wet behind the ears" and fishing by myself down in section 3. Fishing a black wooly bugger across and downstream, i hooked into a giant mid 20's fish who I completely horse'd in on 4x (didn't even own 5x then). In my scrambled effort to retrieve my camera, she thrashed around and out of my net and back downstream. Somehow, I managed to regain all the slack in the line and "horse" her back in. The exact same camera debacle happened again but this time, she thrashed even harder, spit the hook, broke the wooden band on my net in two and swam off to her lair! I imagine the folks all the way up in section 1 heard me cursing like a sailor!

2) I was fishing on the Toot and came upon an area where I could lay out some line. I was trying to see how much I could actually lay out, practicing the new to me double haul. I came forward from my back cast and was met with some serious resistance. Figured I was snagged on something, i yanked it again and out came a baseball sized chunk from the hornet's nest I had just snagged! Epic hatch of angry hornets! I managed to "boogie" on upstream without a single sting!

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

Last edited by Big Browns; 02-13-18 at 09:53 AM.
Big Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 09:40 PM   #20
JerryG
Native

Tree guy coming Friday. Since I normally put my boat just inside the gate, I'll just go move it back to the corner, NBD, I have 4wd... and I'm stuck.

Luckily my neighbor a few doors down has a bobcat that got it out no problem, but just one of those moments I was thinking, "man' all this just for a couple of fish".

Like I said in a previous post, if you really wanna have a good time, add a boat to the mix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote