NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-18, 10:54 AM   #11
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EG View Post
Not taken down, just closed at the request of the original poster which we typically tend to do as their prerogative. I had some responses to make so wasn't at my choosing even though I closed the thread. I have a request in to the OP to reopen, if he agrees we'll call Buck Henry's cheerleaders an intermission. If he does not respond, we can copy parts of that thread that have to do with "science" although I think you should be a bit more detailed in your title. Buck has already made the argument here as to why.

Exactly in that thread would you like to pick it back up? BTW: if you want lots of views, my suggestion for a title would be, "There are no smallmouth bass in the Hooch Tailwater!!" Then be adamant about it.

Awesome.
I was just enjoying the discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 01:02 PM   #12
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EG View Post
Not taken down, just closed at the request of the original poster which we typically tend to do as their prerogative. I had some responses to make so wasn't at my choosing even though I closed the thread. I have a request in to the OP to reopen, if he agrees we'll call Buck Henry's cheerleaders an intermission. If he does not respond, we can copy parts of that thread that have to do with "science" although I think you should be a bit more detailed in your title. Buck has already made the argument here as to why.

Exactly in that thread would you like to pick it back up? BTW: if you want lots of views, my suggestion for a title would be, "There are no smallmouth bass in the Hooch Tailwater!!" Then be adamant about it.
Great post EG, thank you for clarifying. Hopefully OP will respond positively. Thanks for the update.
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 01:12 PM   #13
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Great post EG, thank you for clarifying. Hopefully OP will respond positively. Thanks for the update.
I concur, and I hope that the cheerleaders come back, too!
Old 02-23-18, 03:51 PM   #14
skibum
Hall of Fame Member

Here's a new pic for this thread:

Old 02-23-18, 03:58 PM   #15
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum View Post
Here's a new pic for this thread:

We are only accepting cheerleader pictures currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-18, 10:00 AM   #16
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
That "user" was me and you are welcome! Actually, the thread had diverted so far from the original topic that the OP asked that it be shut down. Sensing it's ultimate demise, I thought it was time to break out the "big guns" and end on a high note.

Hey, this thread titled Science should have some pretty broad leeway I would think. Bodacious mammary glands are scientific, let's talk about those.
Always with the pretty broads
Our enemies are those in league with imperialism- the warlords, the bureaucrats, the comprador class and the reactionary section of the intelligentsia attached to them. The leading force in our revolution is the industrial proletariat. Our closest friends are the entire semi-proletariat and petty bourgeoisie. As for the vacillating middle bourgeoisie, the left wing may become our enemies, and their right wing may become our friend. Our enemies are all around us. We must always be on our guard.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 09:22 PM   #17
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ain-180967764/

Read through this the other day. Couldn't stand the author's tone or obvious bias but it did cite some interesting research. If you want, read the comments on the article, but you might come out 2 IQ points lower haha

I know this one is the most well-known study so far
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...9A5793E.f02t04

Thoughts?
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote