NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > Fern Valley
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-18, 07:31 AM   #1
Send a message via Yahoo to trout4life
Default Shout out to Fern Valley

A friend and I headed up to Fern Valley on Saturday to redeem my certificate for a 1/2 day of fishing. We got there and were greeted by Marty who went over the prerequisites and left us to gear up. As I was putting on waders I heard a loud "crack" from my left side. I asked my friend was that his rod. Yep was the reply. We took a look at it and tried to fix it by making a 4 piece rod using 3 but needed some tape. Dave went to the door and lo and behold Glad GENEROUSLY offered up a loaner. That saved the day and we continued to gear up then Marty showed us the river. We both ended up with fish on the day. Largest being about 20 inches and 3lbs. Great hosts, awesome property, and nice weather made for a wonderful day. If you are looking for a place to fish in North Georgia I would highly recommend Fern Valley.
trout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 09:32 AM   #2
Fern Valley Girl
NGTO Sponsor, Hall of Fame Member
Default Happy to Help

Thank you for these kind words. We were Happy to Help ~ what an unfortunate event, to break a rod before it ever saw water. Thanks for coming our way!

FYI ~ we try to have an inventory of fishy gear just for these occasions. We also have an inventory of waders and boots just in case of mis-haps. And we ALWAYS have large nets to loan for Trophy Trout.
Fern Valley Girl is offline   Reply With Quote