NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-18, 01:18 PM   #11
wrvdb
Native

Default Nice report

West Virginia? I use to live there. Brought back some memories. Both good and bad......
wrvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 03:58 PM   #12
Upstream
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvdb View Post
West Virginia? I use to live there. Brought back some memories. Both good and bad......
Does have a coal country look to it but that would be a loooong haul on a short trip, even for a young, dedicated trout fisherman.

Plenty of squalor in TN. And other closer places - lots to go around, even.
Upstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 10:16 PM   #13
trout1980
Native

Nice fish
trout1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 01:28 PM   #14
Dylar
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstream View Post
Does have a coal country look to it but that would be a loooong haul on a short trip, even for a young, dedicated trout fisherman.
I see plenty of older gentlemen in waders getting out of cars with Gwinnett plates when I skirt the Davidson on the way to greener (or at least less crowded) pastures, and that run isn't really any farther than it is from Asheville parts of WV and KY, and the drive rather less of a white knuckler. There are a lot of drives I make to fish that are longer than this one, this is just the longest drive I'll make for trout.

Quote:
Plenty of squalor in TN. And other closer places - lots to go around, even.
There's certainly squalor enough to go around, and that's god's own truth. I found some straight pipes in the upper part of a drainage I consider "home waters" just last fall. What most of Southern Appalachia can't match Coal Country for is squalor in the ruins of wealth long vanished. Most of the region never had any glory days. Some of those coal camps used to be something.
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 06:00 PM   #15
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Cool Dang NC Highway PDs!

Looks like local LE is getting slack about enforcing the road blocks again ...

" .. older gentlemen in waders getting out of cars with Gwinnett plates when I skirt the Davidson ...."
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote