NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-18, 01:40 PM   #1
Trout Hunter 18
Native

Default First Trout On Fly Rod

I woke up at 5AM to go to the Tallulah river to attempt to catch my first trout. I arrived at about 7:30. I found a deep hole with a large rock directly in front of it. I was using a hopper as a strike indicator with a y2k as a dropper. I cast upstream. As the fly approached the deep hole the hopper went under. I set the hook and a the fight was on. I got the trout in. It was about 15-16 inches. I got the fly out and attempted to pick him up to take a picture. He slipped out of my hands and in the water he went.

I tried a few times again there and no other bites. I found another hole and used the y2k with a strike indicator bobber this time with a y2k again. Cast near a upstream and the bobber went under. I caught another rainbow and was able to get him in the net and get a picture this time.

I tried a few more nymphs and a few dry flies. Got a bite on a Adams but missed him.

Enjoyed some nice views while I was not catching any trout.

[IMG]http://forum.gon.com/attachments/rps20180922_200705-
jpg.943788/[/IMG]

I also visited Coleman Creek but didn't catch anything. Did loose a few flies in the tree limbs though.

On the way back home, I stopped by wildcat creek.

I got a nice rainbow under this bridge.

I had a great time. Can't wait to try a new stream to catch a brown or brook. Now I know why people buy a lot of flies. Lost 8 that trip.
Trout Hunter 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 08:27 PM   #2
Fish Gazer
Native

It is a magical tug isn't it! That never goes away... Congratulations
Fish Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 09:13 PM   #3
Trout Hunter 18
Native

Vert true

Can you tell if these are wild or stocked rainbows?
Trout Hunter 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 12:34 AM   #4
Fish Gazer
Native

For basically me, it's in the eye of the beholder. However it sometimes can be obvious, but always arguable if that helps. Lol. I had a problem with your image linking. I am sure someone can help by being a little more objective, fins, coloration, energy, location, ad nauseum
Fish Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote