NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fly Tying Bench > Fly Tying
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-18, 10:18 AM   #11
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikclymore View Post
I love it! One of these days I’m gonna quit being so cheap and buy some hackle and start tying dries. Your indicator dries will be at the top of the list.
Do you expect it to get eaten more having the indicator ball on top rather than in front like on your stimicator?
I'm not sure. I am just always trying to come up with new ideas and since I recently got a bunch of those balls in the mail I decided to try and use it as a parachute post so I tied a PMX-icator lol. It certainly performed well and the trout were hammering it. I will have to fish it more to see if it just happened to be a "good" day or if there is more to it. It is a really buggy looking fly and I think the rubber legs helped induce some strikes as well. It is certainly worth a round 2.

------Team Norvise------
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-18, 03:39 PM   #12
orey10m
Native

Looks great man. I dig it.

One thing I’ve always been more interested in is trying out stimi type flies that have mono tied in as exposed loops, and then can be attached to the line like a traditional wool indicator or thingamobber (looping the line through).

Allows for adjusting heights, unlike the “tie a spur of line in for attaching your dry” method.

I think this fly could be a good candidate for this type of thing so you’ve got me thinking about it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-18, 09:17 PM   #13
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by orey10m View Post
Looks great man. I dig it.

One thing I’ve always been more interested in is trying out stimi type flies that have mono tied in as exposed loops, and then can be attached to the line like a traditional wool indicator or thingamobber (looping the line through).

Allows for adjusting heights, unlike the “tie a spur of line in for attaching your dry” method.

I think this fly could be a good candidate for this type of thing so you’ve got me thinking about it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've always wanted to perfect the same type of fly and came up with a few prototypes but never could quite works out the bugs to get it just right

------Team Norvise------
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote