NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-18, 07:17 PM   #21
watkins
Native

Send a message via Yahoo to watkins

Swampy, loved the "displaced looks"of them barner fans. Bayou bengals are back.
watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 07:27 PM   #22
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Good job Tiggers. The SEC is shaping up to be a force to be reckoned with. Whoever wins the SEC championship will most likely be Natty champs too

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 07:32 PM   #23
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkins View Post
Swampy, loved the "displaced looks"of them barner fans. Bayou bengals are back.
Just curious why is Auburn a "barner" school since they are a land-grant institution like LSU, Miss Statte, Georgia, etc.. and have a veterinary school like these institutions.. Just wondering.?
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 07:45 PM   #24
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Just curious why is Auburn a "barner" school since they are a land-grant institution like LSU, Miss Statte, Georgia, etc.. and have a veterinary school like these institutions.. Just wondering.?
1996 LSU at Auburn game. The Auburn fieldhouse (the barn) burnt to the ground in the background as the game was going on. Amazing win for LSU that game, but the announcers were more concerned with the fire by the time the fourth qtr started.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 07:54 PM   #25
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
1996 LSU at Auburn game. The Auburn fieldhouse (the barn) burnt to the ground in the background as the game was going on. Amazing win for LSU that game, but the announcers were more concerned with the fire by the time the fourth qtr started.
So, that is the reason Auburn is a "barner" school? Actually, it is a term that bama fans use to "put-down" Auburn as an institution of science, agriculture, fisheries, veterinary medicine, etc... Bear Bryant started the "barner" thingy by calling Auburn the "cow college"...
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 10:02 PM   #26
UncleJesse
Native

I predict it will be ugly in Auburn next Saturday, Arkansas who lost to North Texas State comes to visit the wounded Plainsmen. The results will probably be smoked ribs and chops.
Old 09-16-18, 06:22 AM   #27
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...I was sitting in the stands directly in front of the fire that year...my dentist invited me to use the ticket his wife was not using...it got hot and folks were watching the fire over the top rail of the stadium...

...yesterday, I told son Adam as we watched that when LSU failed to tie with the 2-point play, it would be worse for Auburn if LSU stopped them and scored on a field goal winning by 1...prophetic, I am, sometimes...

...Dawg and Bama were ok...Wisconsin lost...some shakeups in the top 10...

Blessings!

Jimmy

...just realized I titled this thread with the wrong year...must have been thinking ahead...
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 06:09 AM   #28
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...Can Mizzou thwart the Dawgs...?

...feel sorry for Razorbacks this week, if things go as I expect in Jordan-Hare...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 05:32 PM   #29
Gene W
Native

Big Dawg fan-think they are really, really good. That said appears to me that there is Alabama on one level and all the rest of us a couple of steps down
Gene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 08:40 AM   #30
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene W View Post
Big Dawg fan-think they are really, really good. That said appears to me that there is Alabama on one level and all the rest of us a couple of steps down
Ah that is called perspective. Smart man. Not a dwag fan but you are absolutely right. The SEC is still unproven outside of Bama. UGA may be headed in the right direction but still unproven. The west is going to eat itself to a degree again between Auburn and LSU and MSU and the east does not have anyone outside of UGA.

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
-Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
-PH
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote