NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-18, 03:02 PM   #31
buckman1
Native
 
buckman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Habersham County
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Ah that is called perspective. Smart man. Not a dwag fan but you are absolutely right. The SEC is still unproven outside of Bama. UGA may be headed in the right direction but still unproven. The west is going to eat itself to a degree again between Auburn and LSU and MSU and the east does not have anyone outside of UGA.
Have to disagree with you, Phil. There is the SEC on the highest platform and then the rest of the power 5 conferences on another high platform but definitely below the SEC. LSU, Auburn, A&M, and even USC, if in any other conference, would be in the running to win their conference.

The Sooners, Buckeyes, Nittany Lions, etc are all good teams, but if they were in the SEC and had an SEC schedule they’d be mid-card talent.

Clemson is for real.

Georgia Tech needs to go to the sunbelt conference and give them a break.
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 03:25 PM   #32
Deerhuntingdawg
Native
 
Deerhuntingdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Thomson, GA
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Ah that is called perspective. Smart man. Not a dwag fan but you are absolutely right. The SEC is still unproven outside of Bama. UGA may be headed in the right direction but still unproven. The west is going to eat itself to a degree again between Auburn and LSU and MSU and the east does not have anyone outside of UGA.
While I agree that Bama looks good remember they laid 63 on Ole Miss team that let Southern Illinois score 41 on them. The other teams they’ve beaten are not very good either. UGA has barely broken a sweat either. So IMHO neither has played a great team yet.
Last year it was a miracle play that put Bama on top. I think UGA has arrived talent wise, they’re just a young team. Check out the last few recruiting classes plus Kirby can coach!!
Deerhuntingdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 03:34 PM   #33
Philhutch80
Native
 
Philhutch80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: The GreATL!!!
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman1 View Post
Have to disagree with you, Phil. There is BAMA on the highest platform and then the rest of the SEC conference on another high platform but definitely EQUAL to the ACC with the B1G just below then the Big-12 & Pac-12. LSU, Auburn, A&M, and even USC, if in any other conference, would be in the running to win their conference.

The Sooners, Buckeyes, Nittany Lions, etc are all good teams, but if they were in the SEC and had an SEC schedule they’d be mid-card talent.

Clemson is for real.
LOL, FIFY... remember the SEC outside of Bama has not done anything for several years because the talent drain on the coaching and the talent. Clemson's D line is being called possibly the greatest of all time in CFB. What is crazier is their second line D is JUST as talented with no drop off except in age of players. Gonna be CU/Bama IV.
I would put money on the Buckeyes being able to take UGA to the woodshed this year. This is not the mid 00's when the SEC WAS dominant.
__________________
#JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
-Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
-PH
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 04:07 PM   #34
Deerhuntingdawg
Native
 
Deerhuntingdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Thomson, GA
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
LOL, FIFY... remember the SEC outside of Bama has not done anything for several years because the talent drain on the coaching and the talent. Clemson's D line is being called possibly the greatest of all time in CFB. What is crazier is their second line D is JUST as talented with no drop off except in age of players. Gonna be CU/Bama IV.
I would put money on the Buckeyes being able to take UGA to the woodshed this year. This is not the mid 00's when the SEC WAS dominant.
I disagree. By season end I think UGA takes the suckeyes to the wood shed!
Deerhuntingdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 04:08 PM   #35
buckman1
Native
 
buckman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Habersham County
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
LOL, FIFY... remember the SEC outside of Bama has not done anything for several years because the talent drain on the coaching and the talent. Clemson's D line is being called possibly the greatest of all time in CFB. What is crazier is their second line D is JUST as talented with no drop off except in age of players. Gonna be CU/Bama IV.
I would put money on the Buckeyes being able to take UGA to the woodshed this year. This is not the mid 00's when the SEC WAS dominant.
Clemson is certainly legit, but they’ve also got an easy schedule. Only 1 ranked team (BC) for the remainder of the season, and A&M nearly beat them with their new coach and direction. Their D Line is stout, but they won’t be tested until the CFP. We will see where the cards fall, but the only teams to knock off Alabama or Georgia will be Alabama or Georgia. Unless it’s LSU or Auburn. The Buckeyes aren’t the team UGA is, the colors of their maniac coach are showing now and he will bring them down before this season is over.
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 09:22 PM   #36
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Laurel Park, NC USA
Posts: 6,122
Wink Does It Matter?

I have paper from three universities, the Big 10 (or 12 now whatever it is), the Mountain West and the Pac 12. Football is fun, but I told one of these universities when they tried to claim that their athletics improved scholastic achievement, that if the university wins the BCS it adds no value to my degree. However, if the coaching staff creates a stink that detracts from the value of my diploma.

None are SEC or ACC by the way and I don't care because they remain "my schools". Win or lose, they are mine. And two of the three are in Rocky Mtn trout country so there is always something better to do after the game. 8- )
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-18, 08:10 AM   #37
buckman1
Native
 
buckman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Habersham County
Posts: 972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNKIES View Post
I have paper from three universities, the Big 10 (or 12 now whatever it is), the Mountain West and the Pac 12. Football is fun, but I told one of these universities when they tried to claim that their athletics improved scholastic achievement, that if the university wins the BCS it adds no value to my degree. However, if the coaching staff creates a stink that detracts from the value of my diploma.

None are SEC or ACC by the way and I don't care because they remain "my schools". Win or lose, they are mine. And two of the three are in Rocky Mtn trout country so there is always something better to do after the game. 8- )
Off topic: I’ve got paper from one University. However, If I had to re-do things, I would’ve went to trade school and got certified in a trade. My stepson went and got certified in welding, and come out of school, immediately, making 6 figures. Granted, he has to work a lot of OT, but...
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-18, 08:12 AM   #38
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member
 
Counslrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 6,402
Default

...I'm attempting to switch back and forth and see some 'O these...

Mizzou @ UGA
A & M @ Bama
Clemson @ Tech
SC @ Vandy
Ms St @ KY
FL @ TN
Ark @ Auburn

...better get a BIG snack tray ready...!

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-18, 10:13 AM   #39
raptor
Native
 
raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNKIES View Post
I have paper from three universities, the Big 10 (or 12 now whatever it is), the Mountain West and the Pac 12. Football is fun, but I told one of these universities when they tried to claim that their athletics improved scholastic achievement, that if the university wins the BCS it adds no value to my degree. However, if the coaching staff creates a stink that detracts from the value of my diploma.

None are SEC or ACC by the way and I don't care because they remain "my schools". Win or lose, they are mine. And two of the three are in Rocky Mtn trout country so there is always something better to do after the game. 8- )
I see your point. I have paper from a couple of institutions in the SEC and football rules. But, my eldest son decided to escape this type of insanity and got his degree from Univ of Montana. Even though they won an NC in Div 1 (FCS) while he was there, he says he wouldn't trade any number of NC's for the experience of living in Missoula. I have to agree.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-18, 06:15 PM   #40
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Laurel Park, NC USA
Posts: 6,122
Thumbs up Missoula!

Missoula and the U of M. Great choice and talk about a school to fish from! Have a cousin who lives in Missoula and loves it. He moved there from Havre, MT .... he thinks Missoula is the banana belt. And "oh by the way", they play some good football up that way. Maybe Alabama should play U of M at home .............. say, early December ...... 8- )
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright 2010 - North Georgia Trout Online - All Rights Reserved