NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Firearms & Shooting
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-15, 11:45 AM   #71
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
What about instead of requiring a training course people just have to pass a proficiency test?
Some European countries require proficiency tests just to issue a hunting license and it's just not safely handling a firearm. When I took my hunter safety class in Alaska as an 11 year old (1974) I had to pass a proficiency test just to get my card. But again, I had some of the finest teachers since they were USAF Snipers.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 11:54 AM   #72
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Thumbs up Agreed!

" Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. . ."

But kindly note it says noting about shooting the bastards, just throwing them off. We have the vote which at the end of the day is far more powerful than any weapon. We need to learn more about how to really make our votes count and understand that voting for a President every four years makes you a contributor!
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 03:23 PM   #73
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Okay, Terry. You may now delete my post and ban me from this forum for a prescribed period of time.
That ain't political, it's historical!
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 03:37 PM   #74
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
Can you imagine the outcry from the media if the same restrictions on ownership of firearms were to be imposed upon them as members of the free press?
So for the print media:
  • You can have all the printing press you want but the government controls the ink supply.
  • A press may not eject paper automatically; it must be based on the operation of a hand trigg...er...controller. To operate a fully-automated press requires a special stamp from the Federal Government and incremental fees.
  • Presses can be concealed but in some states can be operated in the open.
  • The final newspaper can be no shorter than 18 inches. Magazines can print on 9-inch stock.
  • In some states you must wait three days before ordering and installing your press.
Trout8myfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 06:13 PM   #75
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

When they come for you guys I'll be holed up in the Creech Compound down south, where there's no infernal Internet, lawyers are buried 12 feet deep (why?), and we think the gubmint oughtta be able to take a joke.

That, and it's supposed to be 75 degrees in Twin City on Sunday. I've taken big brothers place as patriarch and, as such, his red recliner...

http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=4030&cid=85
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 07:27 PM   #76
troutbum69
Native

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote