NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Firearms & Shooting
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-11, 02:27 PM   #31
Bean Counter
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ole Man View Post
I don't know if you are interested in used or not but here is a Citori in Newnan that went on GON yesterday.
Browning Citori 425+ Sporting, 12 ga, Grade 1, 28" barrels. Factory back-bored and ported barrels. Perfect condition with great wood. Shot little. $1100--- Make Offer.
Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for a good used Citori and just bought this one. Now I am itching to get to Tom Lowe's to shoot it this week.
Old 07-18-11, 04:42 PM   #32
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

Thumbs up

Congrats BC. I hope it was as good as he said it was.
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 05:52 PM   #33
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Don, way to go dog! I am looking forward to seeing your new Citori in person! BTW, I might head down to Tom Lowe's again this weekend; if I do I will let you know.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 10:30 PM   #34
Bean Counter
Native

It's a really nice gun. Clark, if you go on Saturday, let me know, I am free that day.
Old 07-22-11, 05:40 PM   #35
Architorture
Native

talk about a cherry... here's what you need Jacket. 16 ga citori grade III, round knob, 28" bbl.

http://www.gon.com/marketplace/listi...ng_citori_16ga
Architorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 03:48 PM   #36
gojackets
Native

Sorry Architorture, that's a great gun, but I'm in the market for a 12 gauge because I already have a couple "vintage" 16's. I am going to a few gun shops this weekend in Charlotte and I have narrowed it down to either a Silver Pigeon/White Onyx 686 or a comparable Citori. I'll let yall know what I end up getting. Can't wait to see yall out on the field, although I'm a skeet/sporting clays shooter and have next to no experience with trap. But hey, it can't be that hard right?

Did Tom Lowe's have a woods course at one time? I shot the upper fields once and I thought I saw a sign to a woods course. I wish they would bring that back cause Etowah is a little far.
Old 08-04-11, 03:56 PM   #37
fredw
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
Sorry Architorture, that's a great gun, but I'm in the market for a 12 gauge because I already have a couple "vintage" 16's. I am going to a few gun shops this weekend in Charlotte and I have narrowed it down to either a Silver Pigeon/White Onyx 686 or a comparable Citori. I'll let yall know what I end up getting. Can't wait to see yall out on the field, although I'm a skeet/sporting clays shooter and have next to no experience with trap. But hey, it can't be that hard right?

Did Tom Lowe's have a woods course at one time? I shot the upper fields once and I thought I saw a sign to a woods course. I wish they would bring that back cause Etowah is a little far.
gojackets, I believe you'll be satisfied with either gun. I've owned a citori, my son shot a tubed Citori for years while competeting as a sub junior and junior shooter, and I currently have two Beretta over/unders.

Yes, there was a sporting clays course behind the upper row of skeet fields at Tom Lowe's. The targets (and the trails) were challenging. You entered the course on the right just before the first skeet field.

I've always heard that it's easier for a skeet shooter to pick up trap shooting than the reverse.

Busting clays, regardless of target of choice, is just flat out fun.
fredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 04:00 PM   #38
gojackets
Native

When/Why did they close it? No revenue?
Old 08-04-11, 04:03 PM   #39
fredw
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
When/Why did they close it? No revenue?
Now that I don't know. Dan Mitchell ran the club when it was still Wolf Creek. He was a driving force behind skeet shooting in Georgia and, when the NSCA started up, got behind sporting clays. He put the course in at Tom Lowe's.
fredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 12:28 PM   #40
gojackets
Native

Called a gun shop today and talked to the owner who also suggested looking at Guerini shotguns. Anyone have any experiences or know anything about them? There don't seem to be a lot of reviews on the internet, and I can only view one of them on my work network.