NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Firearms & Shooting
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-12, 08:50 PM   #1
MariettaMike
Native
 
MariettaMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL (Marietta, GA)
Posts: 1,260
Default Hunting with Silencers

The State of Georgia House Fish, Game, and Parks Commitee will hear Senate Bill 301 for legalizing the use of suppressors for hunting tomorrow.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...aspx?s=&st=&ps

I'm not asking nobody to do nothing but I'm just sayin I wrote an email to the legislators about how the permanent ring in my left ear could have been prevented had I had access to using a suppressor over my 40 years of hunting. But the truth is I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a suppressor anyway, and waiting over 3 months to use something I had bought and paid for plus an extra $200 tax would not have worked for me in my younger days.
__________________
MariettaMike is offline  
Old 03-13-12, 07:37 AM   #2
kevin m
Native
 
kevin m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: conyers, ga
Posts: 1,008
Default

I can think of no good reason that suppressors should be regulated at all.
kevin m is offline  
Old 03-13-12, 08:40 AM   #3
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member
 
huntfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lawrenceville, GA, USA
Posts: 6,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin m View Post
I can think of no good reason that suppressors should be regulated at all.
Agree.....Now if we could get the registration and associated tax removed.....
huntfish is offline  
Old 03-13-12, 08:48 AM   #4
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member
 
huntfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lawrenceville, GA, USA
Posts: 6,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariettaMike View Post
I'm not asking nobody to do nothing but I'm just sayin I wrote an email to the legislators about how the permanent ring in my left ear could have been prevented had I had access to using a suppressor over my 40 years of hunting. But the truth is I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a suppressor anyway, and waiting over 3 months to use something I had bought and paid for plus an extra $200 tax would not have worked for me in my younger days.
Compounded by the fact we did things like porting rifles and shotguns to reduce recoil but destroyed our ears.
huntfish is offline  
Old 03-13-12, 09:07 AM   #5
MariettaMike
Native
 
MariettaMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL (Marietta, GA)
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin m View Post
I can think of no good reason that suppressors should be regulated at all.
I can think of one: Sub-Sonic Ammo

I would not want to live next door to this guy. That pile of dirt isn't big enough for the possible margin of error resulting from a loose scope, rear sight or bug bite at the wrong time.

__________________

Last edited by MariettaMike; 03-13-12 at 09:16 AM.
MariettaMike is offline  
Old 03-13-12, 04:42 PM   #6
UncleJesse
Native
 
UncleJesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NE Gwinnett
Posts: 2,802
Default

Guys, everyone knows regulations keep suppressors out of the hands of criminals and undesirables.


BTW, I have some beautiful beach front property for sale on the Louisana coast. Easy access to great fishing, low taxes and great mineral rights.
UncleJesse is offline  
Old 03-13-12, 05:50 PM   #7
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member
 
huntfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lawrenceville, GA, USA
Posts: 6,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Guys, everyone knows regulations keep suppressors out of the hands of criminals and undesirables.


BTW, I have some beautiful beach front property for sale on the Louisana coast. Easy access to great fishing, low taxes and great mineral rights.
Just like the Brady Bill and firearms.
huntfish is offline  
Old 03-13-12, 06:21 PM   #8
franklinZappa
Native
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,374
Default

Use a potato.
franklinZappa is offline  
Old 03-14-12, 04:53 PM   #9
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Laurel Park, NC USA
Posts: 6,106
Default Suppressors

I rather like the idea of not using suppressors so that I can hear someone else's shot and have some idea how close another hunter is.
JOHNKIES is offline  
Old 03-14-12, 07:52 PM   #10
RoyC
Native
 
RoyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Posts: 1,317
Default

Do you think there is a good reason why this bill is being refered to as the Poacher Bill down at the Capitol?
__________________
RoyC

I'm not Retired, Fishing is a Full-Time JOB!
RoyC is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright 2010 - North Georgia Trout Online - All Rights Reserved