NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-18, 05:58 PM   #11
richf7
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldea View Post
Don’t forget when you take a picture of a fish make sure you hold it as close to the camera as possible or zoom in.

It will make those big browns at the dam all look like 18” fish. But don’t be fooled byBig T’s photos as he’s built like Sasquatch and even a 18” fish will look like a SNIT. (Standard nine inch trout)
My phone and keys are in two ziploc bags tucked away in my fleece wader pants and I don’t want to risk my phone getting wet. Started thinking what I really needed was a cheap point and shoot (more stuff of course). Long story short I found a used ultra compact Canon 7MP with battery and charger for $24 shipped on eBay. With the advent of camera phones the market for point and shoot is in the tank.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-18, 08:17 AM   #12
Isaac H
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by richf7 View Post
My phone and keys are in two ziploc bags tucked away in my fleece wader pants and I don’t want to risk my phone getting wet. Started thinking what I really needed was a cheap point and shoot (more stuff of course). Long story short I found a used ultra compact Canon 7MP with battery and charger for $24 shipped on eBay. With the advent of camera phones the market for point and shoot is in the tank.

If you want to carry your phone… Tethered of course, I fully support Lifeproof cases! Dropped my phone off a dock on Lake Oconee… Swam around for over 10 minutes while my daughter’s best friend called me repeatedly to try to find it… Finally saw the glow in 11ft of murky green water. Got the phone out of the case and it was bone dry! I also don’t think twice about dropping my phone anymore.

(The preceding statement was made by an actual customer, and not by a paid spokesperson… However if life proof wants to send him a supply of free cases, He would gladly except)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isaac H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-18, 09:37 AM   #13
gau16
Native

Second the Lifeproof. Debated them versus other waterproof cases for a bit but then just went with the best. It's protecting a $400~ phone, I can spare 50 for a case.

Plus, I can get some awesome underwater shots and not have to worry at all about it getting wet.