NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-17, 07:51 PM   #1
Redskiff
Stocker

Default Jones Bridge Sunday Morn.

Decided to hit JB Sunday morn. Water was up and strong so just waited a little till I was confortable. Meet a member on here. Nice talking to ya, forgot your call sign on here.
Anyways, got my butt handed to me. Had a lot of confidence going in with the ero/Czech nymphing. But nothing. Retied several flies, from rainbows, hares, miges, and others, heavy on bottom, heavy on top in sallow water. I know I was hitting bottom cause could feel bottom and got hung a lot. Don't know what else to do. Y'all tell me no one caught anything Sunday and I will tell better. LOL. Left around 12:30-1 to go get on boat at toona to fish. At least I caught something there. Thanks guys
Any tips/help for jones bridge, is it touch this time of year or am I still not doing something right?

Last edited by Redskiff; 01-17-17 at 07:51 AM.
Redskiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-17, 07:16 PM   #2
GT Sailor
Stocker

If it makes you feel any better, three of us got skunked at Settles Sunday afternoon as well. Not that we are very good at this game though...
GT Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 10:58 AM   #3
mbailey729
Native

Wasn't Sunday, but I had some luck on Monday. Got out around noon and fished for 3 hours. Started out pretty hot with 5 fish to hand in the first 45 min, but didn't catch anything after that. Caught 4 on a ice cream cone red midge and 1 on an EHC. All in all a fun day. Hope to get back out there this afternoon
mbailey729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 03:50 PM   #4
gau16
Native

Thought I'd get on this JB post with the fish I got into yesterday.

Started out with a Pats dropping to a San Juan in a natural color seeing that the water is much clearer now and didn't get any action. Switched it up after hitting an area I knew held fish to a black WB and a small midge.

Wham, then they started coming. 5 total, I think 3 took the midge and took wanted the meaty WB. Couple popped off, too.

Best fish was this first brown who was hanging out near a downed tree. A nice fight and proof of what they're eating right now. Even the above average fish.

Bonus Bow

gau16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 04:11 PM   #5
ChaChung
Native

Nice job, guys.

I'm hoping to get out there tomorrow afternoon if the wife and water release allows...

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 04:51 PM   #6
kbrunson
Native

Nice fish, Glenn!
kbrunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 05:32 PM   #7
gau16
Native

Thanks man, it was a good one for sure! Nothing like the anxiety of having a nice brownie on the end of your line with a 22 midge on the end! ha!
Old 01-18-17, 06:20 PM   #8
Redskiff
Stocker

Some very nice looking fish guys. So, I quest it was some thing I was or wasn't doing. LOL. Still a lot I have to learn. Just glad to know the fish are there.
Only thing y'all mentioned I have are the midges. Back to Cohutto (cartersvillr)I go before next trip.
Redskiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 06:30 PM   #9
splatek16

Nice fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 08:00 PM   #10
gau16
Native

Red- gotta get some wooly buggers! A fly box must have. Think mine are size 12? Get some black and some olive. Dropper off those to the midge was key for me yesterday. Small midge. Size 20 or 22 I believe.