NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO President / BOD Announcements
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-12, 08:25 PM   #1
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Default A Significant Weekend

Every now and then, life provides opportunities that help me recalibrate my perspective on things. This weekend, there was not just one such opportunity, but two! NGTO and it's members supported the Fly Fishing for Vets event on Saturday and also the Casting for Recovery retreat on Sunday. For those who attended either of these events, I am betting like me you were reminded of what is truly important in life and also how blessed we all really are. To everyone who helped with the FF for Vets event on Saturday, thank you very much! Your efforts honored the brave service men and women who sacrificed so much on our account. I was so proud to hear that NGTO turned out in force to make sure the vets who attended had a great time fishing and a good hot BBQ meal! And I hope you all will join me in saluting Ken Griffin and Mike Popkick for their exemplary leadership and undying support for this extremely important program. Way to go guys!!!!

And it was my honor to be able to attend the Casting for Recovery retreat on Sunday. Me and others were there to act as river guides to a group of very brave women who are battling breast cancer. Giving these women a short break away from their fight with cancer was a humbling and emotional experience. I wanted to personally acknowledge Beverly Booth and Becky Hulsey for their dedication and leadership in bringing Casting for Recovery to Georgia. I also wanted to thank Jimmy Harris for his amazing generosity. Jimmy set aside the entire day on Nacoochee Bend so these wonderful women could enjoy a quality angling experience. Seeing the smile on their faces as these amazing ladies hooked and landed a fat Nacoochee Bend trout made my heart sing. And lastly, I wanted to acknowledge Jeff Durniak for his dedication to serving others and for all he does for anglers all over the state of Georgia. Jeff was at the FF for Vets event on Saturday, and then the CFR event on Sunday. That is what I call "walking the walk"!

Again, thanks to everyone of you that volunteered your time and talents this weekend to make a difference in the lives of others. Your willingness to humbly serve others is what makes NGTO a very special community and one that I am proud to be associated with.

Love you guys!!!!

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 08:53 PM   #2
Brotherbear
Native

Thank you fearless leader!!
Old 05-14-12, 10:05 PM   #3
Beverly Booth
Stocker

Default Casting for Recovery - Georgia

My thanks to everyone involved with a TU chapter or NGTO for the support you gave to Casting for Recovery - Georgia. 14 women had a truly life-changing experience because of your generosity. Thank you. We're already planning the 2013 retreat and hope you'll continue to give your support. Donations can be made at www.castingforrecovery.org. Be sure to specify the Georgia retreat!
Of course, my heart felt thanks to Jimmy Harris for his generosity and support as River Helper Coordinator! Thank you Jimmy.
Beverly
Beverly Booth is offline   Reply With Quote