NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-18, 10:43 AM   #31
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Have you tried it though, lol? It is much different when you are surrounded by 90 degree ambient air temps with humidity in it. It is also why I do not go over waist deep.
I'm with Phil here. In fact, lately the water has been feeling quite warm... especially down stream.
Now, when the winds kick up, not that it's ever windy at the dam (LMFAO!), it can get a little chilly. It takes me about 2-4 hours to stop being able to feel my toes.

Now, an interesting thing I've noticed over the past few months, particularly at the dam, is that after about 2-3 hours, sure my toes are cold, but I've started to get the tingles in my finger tips... I'm probably going to die... but aren't we all. But seriously, anyone else ever experience that...? could be a posture thing or numbness from bringing in so many fish... bahahaha
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 01:52 PM   #32
Upstream
Native

I waded wet one August at Cochran Shoals, back when trout fishing was still viable in August (I was a much younger man). I was the envy of my companions, but after an hour or so, I was really spending time casting from atop the exposed rocks. Wore waders in Hooch trout water ever since.
Upstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 05:35 PM   #33
richf7
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post

Now, an interesting thing I've noticed over the past few months, particularly at the dam, is that after about 2-3 hours, sure my toes are cold, but I've started to get the tingles in my finger tips... I'm probably going to die... but aren't we all. But seriously, anyone else ever experience that...? could be a posture thing or numbness from bringing in so many fish... bahahaha
That tingling in your fingers is actually an early symptom of ED. Honest.

Last edited by richf7; 07-25-18 at 05:00 AM.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 04:10 PM   #34
splatek16

Step-by-step guide to wet-wading...in a place way colder than GA!

https://troutbitten.com/2018/07/04/f...w-to-wet-wade/
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote