NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-18, 11:09 PM   #41
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member

Just as long as you guys don't talk about my honey hole at Middle Fork Broad. These pristine backcountry wild trout waters need to be protected from the masses...

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 12:20 AM   #42
Killer Kyle
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeflyfish View Post
Well the water was a little stained from all the rain but they were hitting the size 2 hopper!
[IMG][/IMG]
That is a beautiful 'bow. They stocked some of those on the Ami a couple years back just like that, but I didnt catch any that size.
Yours must have been a holdover? I caught them there one January day in the DH on topwater which was a total surprise. I was using a Royal Wulff as an indicator, and tipped it with a crappie nib, and they started hitting. Caught a handful that way after I shucked the mop fly and went to Wulff only. Hold-over bows like the one in your pic are a rare find on the Ami.
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote