NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Gear Talk > Gear and Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-18, 08:42 PM   #1
Lumis
Native

Default Cabelas RLS+ Combo available for $70.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/cabe...bo/1555116.uts

I bought the 4 weight 8'6 combo for $120 back when it was still being sold. I guess they discontinued it or something and it was no long available on the website for a few months. It's back now for $70 but only the 4 weight. I assume they're trying to sell the remaining stock?

If you walk in to the store, the RLS reel is $80 or $90 itself (was just there recently), so you're basically buying a whole combo for less than the reel is priced at. The ratings are very positive on this bad boy.

Anyway, it's an awesome combo and works absolutely perfectly. I bought it as my first rod and doubt I'll need to get anything else for a while. I'd especially recommend it if you know people who are interested in getting into the sport

Last edited by Lumis; 06-27-18 at 08:48 PM.
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-18, 11:04 PM   #2
andytheengineer
Stocker

This is sold out now. But I've had the combo in a 6 wt. and liked the reel so much I got one for my 4 and 8 wt rods. The RLS rod is junk but a free replacement if it breaks. I'm pretty sure this is the case with any Cabela's rod. I recently took my broken RLS Rod into the store for an exchange and since it was no longer carried, they gave me a gift card good for the original value of the rod. I will be buying from Cabela's again.
andytheengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-18, 11:38 PM   #3
fish2little
Native

You guys probably already know, Bass Pro Shop has bought out Cabelas. If you have gift cards from either store there is a number to call or go to customer service to get the card changed out to where either store (Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas) will honor the others stores gift card. There are certain details that pertain to this to... I want to say, I read this on their web site.
Old 06-29-18, 02:12 PM   #4
Lumis
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2little View Post
You guys probably already know, Bass Pro Shop has bought out Cabelas. If you have gift cards from either store there is a number to call or go to customer service to get the card changed out to where either store (Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas) will honor the others stores gift card. There are certain details that pertain to this to... I want to say, I read this on their web site.
I actually did not know that. I wonder if that will have any affect on their products. Or has had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytheengineer View Post
I recently took my broken RLS Rod into the store for an exchange and since it was no longer carried, they gave me a gift card good for the original value of the rod. I will be buying from Cabela's again.
What was the value of the rod? Curious.
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 03:32 PM   #5
andymoore
Native

150$
andymoore is offline   Reply With Quote