NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-18, 05:05 PM   #11
Dsaporsky
Native

One thing I always wonder is how often to change flies. Do you make 10 casts then change all your flies to something new? Or do you keep the same thing tied on all day until you find fish that are biting? Assuming you are fishing the right depth of course...
Dsaporsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 05:34 PM   #12
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsaporsky View Post
One thing I always wonder is how often to change flies. Do you make 10 casts then change all your flies to something new? Or do you keep the same thing tied on all day until you find fish that are biting? Assuming you are fishing the right depth of course...
It depends on the area and how much I fish it, how well I know it etc. A lot of days at the dam for example I will never change flies but I have on my confidence flies, i know the dam inside and out, the depths, the areas that normally hold fish etc.

If I am fishing a river I am less familiar with I tend to change out flies more but I will normally keep one confidence fly on most of the day and experiment with the other fly but I am still not one to make frequent fly changes.

Prowler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 08:47 PM   #13
AllTimeLow
Native

very nice!
RIP Keith
Pours one out
AllTimeLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 08:58 PM   #14
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTimeLow View Post
very nice!
RIP Keith
Pours one out
Keith was the man. He left way too early. He had many more hits to put out. Victim of the bottle.

Prowler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 05:27 PM   #15
AllTimeLow
Native

yes, yes, yes and yes

Forget the exact details but a buddy of mine ran into him at a HoJo/Holiday Inn bar in Montgomery back in the 80's. Sat there and watched UK BB game with him, never mentioned who was other than Keith. Talked UK BB and Bama FB all night. Maybe 5 people in the place. Realized it was KW after hearing he was in town for a concert the next day. Said he couldn't have been a nicer guy
AllTimeLow is offline   Reply With Quote