NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO Flings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-18, 08:23 AM   #21
3-wt
Native, formerly known as "Streamside Sam"

I really enjoyed the Fling yesterday. It was great meeting Sighter and Trout R, and visiting with Rich, Erik, Splatek, Billy, Adam (Matchbox), Mr. Durniak, and many others. Sighter, thanks for taking those pix. A big thanks of course to Marcus, the BOD, and all the volunteers who made it happen.

Thanks to everyone who came to the Small Stream Presentation. I sure hope it will be beneficial in helping you find success on the small, wild, N Georgia water this year.
Old 04-15-18, 01:01 PM   #22
WPrich
Native

Thanks to the BOD for another great fling and looking forward to the fall one! Good to see some familiar faces and also meet some new faces as well. Enjoyed the seminars by Billy, Mark, and Steve thanks guys great job I learned alot to enhance my skillset. Also got to chat some with Mr.Jeff(Dredger) one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, we talked trout and how much he thoroughly appreciated each and every one of us and our license purchases and I for one am glad to see the amount of fish and the size of some of the ones I've been catching lately due to the increase. He also gave me some tips on where and when to catch another species I've yet to hook but will next year so big thanks for the inside info. Officer Hall was also great to chat with and informed us that our increased license fees are being put to use with more wardens which is a plus in my book and he was able to nab a poacher before coming to fling himself!
WPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-18, 05:42 PM   #23
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamside Sam View Post
I really enjoyed the Fling yesterday. It was great meeting Sighter and Trout R, and visiting with Rich, Erik, Splatek, Billy, Adam (Matchbox), Mr. Durniak, and many others. Sighter, thanks for taking those pix. A big thanks of course to Marcus, the BOD, and all the volunteers who made it happen.

Thanks to everyone who came to the Small Stream Presentation. I sure hope it will be beneficial in helping you find success on the small, wild, N Georgia water this year.
It was great seeing you there! Ah those photos aren't the best, I'll do better at the Fall Fling. You and Steve were awesome, wish I came for the beginning. Very informational and well thought out. Now the only thing missing is for us to hit a small stream sometime to put those techniques to use!
Sighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-18, 06:21 PM   #24
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighter View Post
It was great seeing you there! Ah those photos aren't the best, I'll do better at the Fall Fling. You and Steve were awesome, wish I came for the beginning. Very informational and well thought out. Now the only thing missing is for us to hit a small stream sometime to put those techniques to use!

Sighter we slayed a stream today, easily over hundred trout between the two of use (read as @Streamsidesam caught like 80-85 and I wrangled in like 15 on my hipster stick) was thinking next year on stream clinic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-18, 06:35 PM   #25
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Well done, y'all. Enjoyed myself and thanks to all.
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-18, 06:45 PM   #26
Swamp Angel
President

Wow, Terry! It was SOOOOOO good to see you! You were the first person I ever met with NGTO at my very first Spring Fling when you led the Drag Free Drift. What a wonderful time!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-18, 05:40 AM   #27
Mattos
Stocker

We got there too late for the small stream presentation - kids were a little slow going first thing - but everyone had a great time. 10 minutes with Ed Chamberlain and it was all cherries on top (and chili) from there. The Chattahoochee presentation was great and we somehow ended up with a canoe too! Nice to meet a few of you. Thanks to everyone who put it together and volunteered.
Mattos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 09:39 PM   #28
AllTimeLow
Native

Very much enjoyed the fling, especially the fly casting instructors, very informative and patient. Not a tier yet, but Steve's presentation info and teaching style was great for beginners and advanced alike.
Buck/Swamp, I hope I didn't cause any permanent ear damage from the excessive conversation. Looking forward to the fall fling
AllTimeLow is offline   Reply With Quote