NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO Flings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-18, 06:31 PM   #1
Blueridgeflies
Native

Default 2018 Spring Fling- Fishing for Trout in Lakes 101

It finally dawned on me that the fling was nearly here and that I had yet to create a sign-up for the seminar I would be hosting. So for any of you that have been waiting for more information, this is for you.

Class Purpose and Summary

The reason for this class is to provide a foundation for those seeking to get into catching trout in lakes. As well there maybe some take away elements for those that have previous experience in this. However this class will be starting at a square one and building from there.

Here is a list of some elements covered in the class.
  • Reading the Lake
  • Equipment
  • Fly Selection and Presentation
  • Flies
  • and much more.

Required Items for the Class

A notebook could be of use for note taking. Other then that there is no other items needed.

Time & Plan
The time for this is from 9am to 10am. The plan right now is to have around 40 minutes of going over the different topics, and then have around 20 or so minutes for Q&A.

Seminars have typically been held in the large metal shed in the past, but will update this once the location is confirmed.

Just an important note for this, just come and have fun. I prefer to keep things a bit less formal, and this will just be sharing what I have learned through reading and time on the water. I look forward to meeting each of you and getting to talk on what I see as the most overlooked form of trout fishing in our state.
Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won't feel so thankful then. - Garrison Keillor

Team Georgia, Competitive Fly Fishing
http://flyfishingteamgeorgia.webs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Teamgeorgiacff/
Blueridgeflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 09:57 PM   #2
JakeAllenRobinson88
Stocker

Looking forward to this... Id like to hit up Dockery Lake some time with a fly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JakeAllenRobinson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 12:28 AM   #3
Blueridgeflies
Native

Dockery is a unique lake in that last time I was there I think I remember there being a sign about no boats being allowed. That said there is a few other lakes about equal drive time that can be very good.

I actually plan to cover some on lakes that I have found and/or fished. Some will simple be, here is the information I have found concerning this lake. A couple I will go into more details because into have fished them on multiple occasions. Also will pull some examples from a winter trout fishery that sadly we no longer have in Ga.
Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won't feel so thankful then. - Garrison Keillor

Team Georgia, Competitive Fly Fishing
http://flyfishingteamgeorgia.webs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Teamgeorgiacff/
Blueridgeflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 07:59 AM   #4
HILLIS LANIER
Native

I am looking forward to your class. I have fly fished Dockery Lake and the lake at Vogel State Park. I usually fly fish from the bank at Vogel, but on occasion have used my tube. Last year I had some success at Vogel, but got skunked the last couple of times this season. I fished Dockery last year, from a float tube, and caught a few. So, I would like to up my game, and as I said I am looking forward to your class.