NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-18, 12:47 AM   #1
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Default Dukes Rainbow on Steroids

Vance and I were fortunate enough to be able to fish Dukes New Years Eve. Finally getting around to uploading a small video. Congrats to Vance for catching his personal best. It was just over 20 degrees when we entered the water and we were fishing the treacherous section 4 which isn't for the faint of heart. I think I am getting too old for section 4 lol. Anyway, it was cold but we still had a blast. We didn't catch big numbers but we did catch a couple nice uns. Here is a short video. The rainbow I caught on the video was all jacked up on mountain dew or something. He refused to submit! Strong as an ox. Good way to put an end to 2017. Nice fishing with you Vance.

VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dblB8IxkMxE

Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-18, 09:40 AM   #2
xfctr77
Stocker

Nice video, nice fish!
xfctr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-18, 10:21 AM   #3
freestone1
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It was just over 20 degrees when we entered the water and we were fishing the treacherous section 4 which isn't for the faint of heart.

Pulling in a few quality fish like those will make you all but forget about the temp...nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freestone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-18, 10:29 AM   #4
Vance1012
Native

It was a blast as is every trip we have. Although we didn't accomplish what we set out for it was (for me at least) the most successful trip I've had when you take in account the weather we braved and the terrain, the hard work payed off. I think I may have finally broken the curse and look forward to many more adventures in the future.
Old 01-13-18, 12:09 PM   #5
HILLIS LANIER
Native

Prowler, great video. Congrats on finishing the year on a high note! 20 degrees, wow, too cold for me, but good for you guys. Congrats to Vance on breaking the curse. Maybe one of these days I can break the curse of Dukes. I have not fished section 4, but I intend to. Again, as always a great video.
Old 01-13-18, 12:27 PM   #6
Philhutch80
Native

I’m getting curious about Dukes. I believe I have a way to fish there in my style but follow the regs. Would y’all recommend trying to schedule in a weekday vs weekend as I’m sure they are booked out?
I’m blaming all of this on Prowler and his good videos. Nice fish guys!
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-18, 04:34 PM   #7
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
I知 getting curious about Dukes. I believe I have a way to fish there in my style but follow the regs. Would y誕ll recommend trying to schedule in a weekday vs weekend as I知 sure they are booked out?
I知 blaming all of this on Prowler and his good videos. Nice fish guys!
Phil weekday would probably be easier but I've had good success walking on and taking a spot of a no show. I've been able to walk on the last four times I've tried.

Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-18, 04:30 PM   #8
pacollier
Stocker

Awesome video and fish. I'm heading to Duke's this Sunday, the 21st, for the first time. Any tips on what they are going after. I was told black zebra midges, rainbow warriors, and red zebra midges are working best up there at this time. Thanks.
pacollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-18, 05:14 PM   #9
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Phil weekday would probably be easier but I've had good success walking on and taking a spot of a no show. I've been able to walk on the last four times I've tried.
That is really good to know! Thanks for the heads up Kevin! I keep reading up on section 4 but I had someone mention that the section downstream of that in the gorge has a bunch of wild bows and some big browns that have gotten washed down. You ever venture down that way as well?
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-18, 05:26 PM   #10
jfgros01
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacollier View Post
Awesome video and fish. I'm heading to Duke's this Sunday, the 21st, for the first time. Any tips on what they are going after. I was told black zebra midges, rainbow warriors, and red zebra midges are working best up there at this time. Thanks.

I知 going this coming Saturday so I知 curious as well. When I went back in November, red and olive zebra midges were working. Wouldn稚 touch a black body midge. Seemed to be more receptive to black beads rather than the shiny silver ones. I was told bubble back midges were fooling them pretty well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfgros01 is offline   Reply With Quote